• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help! Oil Spill!!!

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
Ok guyz. I was just driving home tonite and i decided to test ma turbo a lil bit, as i hadn't driven it in a while. 20 minutes into my drive back, the car started to overheat. Smoke also stormed into the cabin. I then pulled over to see wot the problem was. Am guessing this was it. Am not really sure wot that hose is, but it was connected to the turbo and the cold air intake. I found it open! The car did eventually cool down but am worried sumthn is broken. It idles roughly now. You can tell by the pictures that i'd lost a lot of oil. Theres oil everywhere. my oil level is on low, and am guessing i lost oil pressure. I'll start it again tomorrow n see if it gets better. In other words... Am i F**d?

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob004.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob001.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob003.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/geejay4ever/carprob002.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that is where a vacuum linme goes, and if it popped off and you lost lots of oil that is bad. How low is the car and how aggressively were you driving it before you noticed the overheating and smoke.

Did you fill it back up with oil and run it again? Does it make any strange noises, or do anything differently?

You shouldn't have lost oil pressure by blowing that vacuum line off. As long as you didn't lose too much oil you should be ok. Before you drive it again, fill it back up with the proper amount of oil and closely monitor the engines sound. If anything did happen you will find out soon enough.

I am pretty sure that is where a vacuum linme goes, and if it popped off and you lost lots of oil that is bad. How low is the car and how aggressively were you driving it before you noticed the overheating and smoke.

Did you fill it back up with oil and run it again? Does it make any strange noises, or do anything differently?

Its right on the minimum level. Pretty aggressive i'd say. I'll fill it back up this morning before doing anything.

that looks to me to be the valve cover vent line. it is for venting the blowby back into the intake stream. under boost if your rings are not in very good shape you will have alot of blowby causing alot of pressure on those lines (should be another one on the front valve cover) and pop that line right off. i would definatly take where the two vlave cover vents tie together and use a larger diameter hose to run back to the intake. my problem with this situation is that you should lose a little oil, but if you lost alot then you have got some above average blowby issues that need to be addressed. put some oil in it, put a clamp on it and see if it blows it again.

also, this wouldn't cause you to overheat. sounds like another issue to be adressed as well.

Last edited:
that looks to me to be the valve cover vent line. it is for venting the blowby back into the intake stream. under boost if your rings are not in very good shape you will have alot of blowby causing alot of pressure on those lines (should be another one on the front valve cover) and pop that line right off. i would definatly take where the two vlave cover vents tie together and use a larger diameter hose to run back to the intake. my problem with this situation is that you should lose a little oil, but if you lost alot then you have got some above average blowby issues that need to be addressed. put some oil in it, put a clamp on it and see if it blows it again.

also, this wouldn't cause you to overheat. sounds like another issue to be adressed as well.

Overheating does sound like a separate issue. One thought would be that the radiator fan isnt coming on. Another thought is that the FMIC is hindering cooling performance as it blocks the radiator.

I clamped both of them when I put in the 3L. That is all you need. As for the overheating... you have another issue! And it isn't because your FMIC is in front of your radiator. My engine temps haven't changed since my FMIC.

Back