• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"IT" official! Fall Dragon Run-Sept28th-30th

Ok Trey, how far away is Bald Mountain falls from our cabin in Tellico Plains? I'd like for us to check that out before we head out Saturday afternoon, so what time would you like to guide us out there and make sure we've got enough time to meet up at the shopping center. Speaking of that, what time would you like to head out on the Dragon Saturday then? Also, I'd like to make a suggestion for dinner on Saturday evening after we run the Dragon...Tellica Cafe, right behind the Hardee's! They've got great food and its family run, I like to support the independent:cool:

BTW, does anyone else have any input here:shrug:

i wouldl ike to run the dragon once during the day before we do a night run. since im going to be down there thursday night i figure we can do that friday sometime before roger and the rest of the MI guys show up.

i wouldl ike to run the dragon once during the day before we do a night run. since im going to be down there thursday night i figure we can do that friday sometime before roger and the rest of the MI guys show up.
no prob man we can run on friday all you want. I got to break in my baer brake kit:laugh:

Ok Trey, how far away is Bald Mountain falls from our cabin in Tellico Plains? I'd like for us to check that out before we head out Saturday afternoon, so what time would you like to guide us out there and make sure we've got enough time to meet up at the shopping center. Speaking of that, what time would you like to head out on the Dragon Saturday then? Also, I'd like to make a suggestion for dinner on Saturday evening after we run the Dragon...Tellica Cafe, right behind the Hardee's! They've got great food and its family run, I like to support the independent:cool:

BTW, does anyone else have any input here:shrug:
I'll call you some time this week. or i'll pm you my number and you can call me whenever its convienient 4 u. The falls are really not far from the cabin. Won't take long at all.

I still have my fingers crossed I'll get my car sold before the Dragon; but as time counts down, it seems less likely I will be able to sell this care and buy a new car in the amount of time left. I would love to come up there in a MazdaSpeed6 or a MKV GTI. ;)

Eric, I hope you end up selling the car and getting the MS6, probably in red, right:shrug: I was a test drive of a MINI away from getting the MS6 myself, but I probably would've ended up in a metallic black one though. With the car being discontinued and what you get for the money, its a no brainer, plus you just don't see them, well, atleast around here anyways. One thing that car needs is bigger tires though, but I'm sure its summer perf tires will do good enough on the Dragon though:cool:

Now, it looks like we've got 2 cabins at Caney Creek, one at Mountain View (3 miles away) and Eric in N.C. Trey lives about, what, a half an hour to an hour away, how about the others? The reason I bring this up is because I'd like to nail down the meeting spot and time with everyone. Who's up for running the Dragon Friday night after dinner:shrug:

As it looks, I will not be attending. I have been really sick the past couple weeks and let the planning for this go by the wayside. Maybe next year.... :(

Brad and I are about an hour away from the hardees on one side.. about 30 min away from the end point in Maryville on the other side. At least it seems like that.

Dunno if we will make the friday night run. Wont know till probably the week of.

Brad and I are about an hour away from the hardees on one side.. about 30 min away from the end point in Maryville on the other side. At least it seems like that.

Dunno if we will make the friday night run. Wont know till probably the week of.

That's cool, just keep us posted with the most current info.

91HellCat, sorry to hear your not feeling good, but if you start to feel good your more then welcome to come out with us and remember, nothing makes you and your car feel better then 318 turns in 11 miles:laugh:

Roger you just give me a time and place and I'll be there. You guys from out of town should pick whatever is easiest for you.

Back