• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So I got these to attach the mirko.....

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1620&N=700+115&autoview=sku

The mirko is in for paint, about time its been sitting around for almost a year! Anyways I got some quick release fasteners for mounting it to the front bumper. How the heck do they lock? Just playing with them, no matter how much you turn them they dont lock. Has anyone used these before? Any idea how they work? Its almost like you need something else for them to attach to or something.......

Thanks!

yeah I knew I was missing something.........you think I can pick up something like that at the local autoparts store? I dont really feel like driving back out to summit

Should have put them on before paint! It took me a few hours to get mine seated right, and i had plenty of slips while I was working.

So does anyone know if the local parts store or hardware store will have the retaining springs?
If not, I guess its off to Summit I go!

No regular auto parts store will likly stock those. Search for speed shops or racing shops in your area. There are a few around here that stock them in various sizes. Moroso is another brand name they can be found under.

No regular auto parts store will likly stock those. Search for speed shops or racing shops in your area. There are a few around here that stock them in various sizes. Moroso is another brand name they can be found under.

Yeah, I had to go back out to summit. Checked all the local stores, half the people had no clue what I was looking for.

Back