• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its Alive

striker2

Official CEG Vendor
well i turned the key tonight at about 8:30 and she runs great. the install went very smooth. you can at least put the engine and trans in together with the AC still in the car. only had one minor glitch and that was that i didnt tighten down a hose clamp tight enough and it started to leak a little coolant. the stage 3 clutch feels much lighter than i was expecting. its actually very close to a stock feel. i absolutely love the torsen. i just need to get the subframe connectors welded on, the new bumpers painted and installed (they are red right now) and the turbo kit built.

well right now its still running NA as i need time to physically build the kit, break in the clutch , and use up the full tank of regular gas i had when the clutch went out. i will try to get a vid soon but i really want to wait until i get a few certain parts on first (although they are the wrong color at the moment, I think Hector knows what im talking about)

heres a quick vid from my phone. its a little shaky but its hard to hold the phone, steer and shift all at the same time. (mods if you think its against the rules then let me know and i will remove the link and people can ask for it in PMs)

Last edited:
i have been working on building the turbo "kit" and over the course of a few hours a night this past week this is what i have managed to get done so far. hopefully by the end of this weekend it will be mostly complete

SSPX0086.jpg

SSPX0089.jpg

this is what I have been wanting to see for a LONG time.

I really think this thing is going to put down high 290 WHP.

A few more pics. i will be installing everything this weekend except for the intercooler to TB plumbing and the injectors. i will install those when im at Logan Motorsports right before we dyno tune the car next friday.

SSPX0092.jpg

SSPX0094.jpg

I cant wait to get this done.

Button that baby up. :cool:

I'd say, if tuned right and nothing goes bad, 230+ whp. At least thats what I want to see on a Contour Zetec. :drool:

Button that baby up. :cool:

I'd say, if tuned right and nothing goes bad, 230+ whp. At least thats what I want to see on a Contour Zetec. :drool:

im gonna be running 14.5PSI through a T3 Super60. that equates to over 30Lbs of Air/Minute. thats roughly 300BHP. figure a 10-15% drivetrain loss and i should be anywhere from 255-270WHP.

I thinkim gonna need some new tires soon:crazy:

im gonna be running 14.5PSI through a T3 Super60. that equates to over 30Lbs of Air/Minute. thats roughly 300BHP. figure a 10-15% drivetrain loss and i should be anywhere from 255-270WHP.

I thinkim gonna need some new tires soon:crazy:

255 minus 20% for driver error = 204 I win!!!! :crazy:

Can't wait to see this beast man....Gonna let me teach you to drive it?:laugh:

Last edited:
Looks very good, isn't going to be a tight fit in the engine bay though? the turbo and your rad/fan?

Nonetheless, can't wait to see the numbers on the dyno.

Great job so far!
Cheers.

Car is badass, that is all I have to say. With some upgrades we talked about that will be more of a beast.:drool:

Look in pics and vids...***wink wink***

Last edited:
Back