• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Breathing better today

saintz

CEG'er
Well CAI is on and the new Powerflow back box on the car will be breathing lots better from now on and should have a few more BHP.

I only just got it why lose it:shrug:

agreed. They work fine, but down the road when you need a new filter, find a nice K&N universal.

I picked up the same intake kit and I couldnt believe the gains I experienced from it, plus the sound is just so biblically loud.

agreed. They work fine, but down the road when you need a new filter, find a nice K&N universal.

I picked up the same intake kit and I couldnt believe the gains I experienced from it, plus the sound is just so biblically loud.

how is it biblically loud??? does the intake sound like Moses

Looks good to me. :)
Also looks like a pretty clean engine bay.
icon14.gif

I know what you mean about the intake overpowering the exhaust! on mine, I have full stock exhaust, with resanator delete, its pretty loud, in the lower/mid RPM range, but my SPMotorsports intake + K&N Filter starts screamin through the mid/high RPM range, but together car sounds :drool: I'm gettin BAT Y-pipe installed this weekend, from what people have told me its gonna be louder without the 2 stock cats, and with 1 high flow, so to counter the rasp i'll also be welding a magnaflow res.

btw the new intake looks nice, i like the red air filter, what brand is it ? (sorry didnt read the entire thread) if you get a K&N keep the receipt, and stick your hand in it, and blow throug the filter, see which one seems to flow better (whichever one you feel more air on your hand) i know it seems a little ghetto, but it works! thats what i did with the 3 air filters i have. K&N seems to flow better, i felt a significant amount more air when i did this :laugh: (but if your K&N doesnt flow better then the red one, just return it, thats why i said keep the receipt, dont install it, just do the blow test)
emthup.gif

stick your hand in it, and blow throug the filter, see which one seems to flow better (whichever one you feel more air on your hand) i know it seems a little ghetto, but it works!

LOL, I'm so imature.

Nice engine bay I wish I could keep mine that clean.

Back