• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Weekend update 9/30

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
so here are some pics from my work this morning. I hope to get more work done next weekend. This is most likely be it for this weekend.

HPIM1554.jpg

And that is just about how it will sit. At an angle so I can see the voltmeter from the driver seat. I maybe rotate the voltmer by ~ 25 degrees or leave it perpendicular to the console.
HPIM1555.jpg

The other side of the eyebrows is now roughly cut out.
HPIM1557.jpg

first project in the new garage I'm not suppose to work in! lol
HPIM1558.jpg

First car in the new garage! shh! I scrapped my muffler getting in!
HPIM1569.jpg

Thats about all for now. I might get a show with both the unfinished eyebrows on tonight.

I see Bondo. I'm glad you decided to make them smooth.
I'm telling that you were in the new garage. ;)

Actually I spent a little extra and bought a can of Bondo "gold". It suppose to be less tacty and spreads smoother. And working with the "classic" bondo before I hope this type is alot better because I hate spending hours smoothing bondo out and filling little air bubbles.

I have some pictures of the voltmeter glowing. I rigged it to a 6 volt pack. I'll see if I can post them later, but yet another week of slow internet at ESU.

I also got some shots in pretty late last night of the eyebrows. I never got to upload them, but I'll try to see what I got from the night shots and my un-noctirnal digi camera.

maybe i missed it but, what are all the switches/lights for?

from top left to bottom right
1) Front interior lights (blue under the dash)
2) Rear interior lights (blue under the seats)
3) The switch for the amp/sub which are not currently in the car because I have plans to get a new amp/sub or build a box for them inside the cabin. This will be the red light
4) The last switch is for any other mod I may do along the way. Always plan ahead. Identical with the green light. I may actually wire this into the voltmeter itself. I'm not sure as to how much brightness the gauge is going to throw up into the cabin. If it is too much I will wire the gauge lighting through the switch and the green light will be there for ****s and giggles.

Guess I should have explained that, Sorry!

Oh and I'll get my weekend post up probably tonight or tomorrow. I'm doing hopefully all the bondo/sand work this weekend.

Back