• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT L Dyno and track Vid.

Ummm. What? It was 8.64 and my 1/4 mile will be in the 12's. She ran 13.2 stock.

i meant 8.64, i just swapped the digits.

and 8.64 in the 1/8th converts to a mid 13 1/4 mile in every converter i find. :shrug:

my car coasted to a 13.5 in the quarter with the car shutting completely off before the 1/8 mile, but until it runs the times, it's not an 11 second car. ;)

Ok if that lightning is putting down 400hp+ I HIGHLY doubt its only running low 13's

Yeah thats my point. The truck has to be running much lower than 13's

Ok if that lightning is putting down 400hp+ I HIGHLY doubt its only running low 13's

slips talk, and bs walks. i'm not saying the truck isn't capable of it, but according to that video he posted, it wasn't doing it then.

like i said, my car should be able to pull down mid 11's pretty easily. but until i do, it ain't an 11 second car. comprende? :shrug: :help:

slips talk, and bs walks. i'm not saying the truck isn't capable of it, but according to that video he posted, it wasn't doing it then.

like i said, my car should be able to pull down mid 11's pretty easily. but until i do, it ain't an 11 second car. comprende? :shrug: :help:

ok....but what I'm saying is people are judging his lightning based on ONE track time on video in which nobody but him know the details of the race. Who knows maybe he let off, or didnt lauch. What I'm saying is just because one video shows the truck running 13's doesnt not mean the truck actually does on a normal basis.

ok....but what I'm saying is people are judging his lightning based on ONE track time on video in which nobody but him know the details of the race. Who knows maybe he let off, or didnt lauch. What I'm saying is just because one video shows the truck running 13's doesnt not mean the truck actually does on a normal basis.

yeah, but he posted only the one run.... :idea:

that's all the information we have to go by, isn't it? ;)

a 400hp Lightning should/will run mid-high 12s on street tires. My truck with 380/460 ran 13.1 on street tires. With slicks it went 12.7 Obviously, quality of air drastically affects them...

Best stock time.
8.86@79mph
60'- 1.9

best so far with new set up
8.64@82mph
60'- 2.2
That was on bald stock F1's. I now have 305/45 nitto 555r's. If I can manage to get my 60' back to where I had it I should be able to hit 8.3's in the 1/8 and be in the 12's in the 1/4.

I don't think that a 1/8 -> 1/4 mile converter is a very reliable source. The 1/8 mile of a V8 supercharged truck and a front wheel drive turbo V6 are going to be completely different? A 2.2 60' isn't very good for a Rear wheel drive vehicle with some power either. I think his 12 range is a completely reasonable estimate.

Back