• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New member, just joined!

xxxmonoxidechild

New CEG'er
hola everyone. my names patrick. im from northern IL. i currently am not a csvt owner, but am currently looking for one. joined the site to assist in the hunt, and for research purposes.

my last car was a 2k tiburon i have been modding since i bought it new. about a month ago a lady turned right in front of me from the oncoming direction, and the car got totalled.

i had no real plans to ever really get rid of the car, but now, i really have no intrest in buying another, and am considering this a clean slate to start over.

since the accident, ive been researching car's trying to find something that would fit my intrests. them being manual trans, at least a little fun, and something thats different. i have no intrest in modding something that everyone else has allready. hence what got me started with my tibby.

the svt contour has allways intrested me, and even though im not a huge fan of fords, or 4 doors, im pretty sure this is the car ill be buying.

here's a few pic's of the tibby before being totalled.

fmic003.jpg

tibby040-1.jpg

tibby041-1.jpg

tibbysexiness010.jpg

tibbysexiness001.jpg

tibnew009.jpg

tibnew007.jpg

That was a nice Tibby you had there. You won't be disappointed with a CSVT. Just make sure it was well cared for and know of what to look out for when buying one/driving one.

O, im drooling over steeda's car. but its just slightly more then i have to spend. :( but im keeping an eye on that forum more then anything else so far.

O, im drooling over steeda's car. but its just slightly more then i have to spend. :( but im keeping an eye on that forum more then anything else so far.

Yeah, Steeda might be a litte off in the head (LOL) but he builds quality stuff and knows what he is talking about.

Here's hoping the Contour SVT is your stepping stone to becoming a Ford fanatic.

Best of luck in your search. :cool:

most peopel allready consider me a ford fanatic actually. ive been a mod on probetalk for about 6 years now, and have owned 13 of them, including two currently. but im a crossover from them since there really mazda's.

my only personal experience with actual ford is an old 83 ranger i used to own years ago, and my mothers full size bronco ive been keeping alive barely for the last 10 years on life support for her. :crazy:

please give me the low down on what to keep an eye out for. what are the major problem area's i need to take note of?

Waterpump #1. The old ones shattered and caused the engine to overheat before the temp guage can catch it.

Oil drain back issues in the heads. If you buy a 3.0L you don't need to worry about it. On hard right hand corners at high RMPs the oil doesn't drain back quick enough. engine goes boom. 6.5 quarts of oil (seems like a lot but no one has ever had an issue) or a seperate oil pump fixes this.

3rd Gear grind when shifting fast. syncros on the 3rd gear are not so good in some of the cars.

Differential is shakey too - the spider gears dont seem to hold up very well. So get a 3L with a Torsen or Quiaf and you wont have much, if any problems.

Welcome to the site. I believe you will love the CSVT. Do your research on these cars. I would suggest getting one from this site. For the most part everyone here seems to love their cars and know how to take care of them. Good luck.

Rockford IL? we're practically neighbors. :) Well, almost but not quite...

Welcome, and be sure to check out the West Great Lakes regional forum as well.....

Yeah, Steeda builds quality stuff

LMAO :laugh: :crazy:

Nice car btw. It looks clean. You can def find alot of csvt's that are well takencare of on this site.

Glad you joined and use the search button if you want to find out anything.

welcome dude! you'll find its amazing how much you'll learn about these cars by hanging around here for a while. these are some awesome cars that most people dont know exist.

Back