• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

should I change my wheels?

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I like chrome and I feel these wheels are the only chrome ones that look good on a contour:
DSC00895.JPG

Dsc01044.jpg

but I have the chance to trade up through some people for these wheels that I had on my car at a show a long time ago: (M!key's wheels)
X.jpg

Joes_Pre-98.2.jpg

what do you guys think I should do....

this pic is just because I can: (M!key hugging his wheels in his hotel room)
V.jpg

Last edited:
Keep the chrome. They look sweet on dark color cars. If your car was silver I'd say get rid of them. I like it the way it is.

I agree with you about the wheels making the car.... I don't just want another car with tuner wheels, though I like the ADRs. I should just have both sets....

While i dont like the chrome wheels you have on now, the ones you are thinking of getting look worse (still look good though)

I wonder if there are some other chrome rims out there that you could rock. Maybe get a set of FSVT rims Chromed.

I usually hate chrome wheels, but I just can't imagine yours without them. I think you pull off chrome wheels quite nicely.
If you put those other wheels on, it just wouldn't look like your car anymore.
It'd be a little too bland.

I usually hate chrome wheels, but I just can't imagine yours without them. I think you pull off chrome wheels quite nicely.
If you put those other wheels on, it just wouldn't look like your car anymore.
It'd be a little too bland.

Don't listen to her. I don't like chrome, and even though they look decent on your car I would change them out.

I like those wheels ONLY on your car.... I think Mikey would crap a brick if he saw those on his old car later...

also I dont think I'm in the correct "hood" to rock those. LOL

Joe...if you do get the ADRs (and i sincerely hope you don't, love the KMCs on your car) you know where to send the KMCs...

I know you don't want the chrome crispy.... Those would look horrible on a SF SVT, yuk!

I was thinking pole gives you 17s?, I take your 18s, and I give pole my 18s. It's not looking like I will be giving up my wheels. Tuner wheels, even though are awesome, don't compare to mine on my car. I am kind of bummed because I would like to change it up a bit, but also happy that the wheels I have do not need improving..... thanks for all the feedback everyone! -JOE

But Joe, then we won't be blinded by the mirrors on the ground! :help: :laugh:
You can always chrome another set of wheels buddy! But honestly they're unique here so I say keep 'em.

jesus, i dont ask you for much, mostly because i think that you were a profit and not really the son of god, but please, please, make joe get rid of the chrome and get the silver 18s.

I think you can at any Tires Plus.... or am I wrong?
Oh wasn't sure. I asked a buddy who's brother deals rims a while ago and he said he couldn't get them. Didn't think they were still for sale :shrug:

Back