• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour SVT Name

i bet also paying 2 or 3 times more for the car does too...

nice try...and by the way...when this is all said and done, your car will still be purple.

Mystic isnt purple. It's Purple/Green/teal/Red/Gold.

And when it's all said and done, you'll still drive a contour.

I think most people on the board would rock a Cobra over a Contour.

If they would, this would be a Mustang forum! There are folks that feel that way, and they hang out at www.mustang.org, or www.mustangforums.com, etc.

I'd love to own a very clean four-eye Mustang at some point. However, I don't have one now. That said, I don't cruise over to the Mustang forum and tell them that the Contour SVT is the car to have, no matter how much I love mine.

Common sense prevails.

Sure, but not a 10 year old cobra...id much rather be driving a 03-04 Cobra than most any other cars.

In conclusion...its just ****ty of you to go and sell a car that you know you liked, and go and say how it is weak and junky...seriously, go on a mustang forum and keep that stuff in your head.

thats it...

enjoy your cobra

_Ben

Sure, but not a 10 year old cobra...id much rather be driving a 03-04 Cobra than most any other cars.

In conclusion...its just ****ty of you to go and sell a car that you know you liked, and go and say how it is weak and junky...seriously, go on a mustang forum and keep that stuff in your head.

thats it...

enjoy your cobra

_Ben

I return to my comment of. I never said the contour was a bad car. I just said it could have been better. And you cant knock on its obvious flaws like the crappy differential and the oil drainback issues. Things that shouldent have been problems in the first place.

And telling me to go to a Mustang forum is hilarious considering i have put more into this forum than you have.

Go look at all the How-to's i've made. When you start to make some and actually contribute to helping people. Then you can ask me to leave.

Mystic isnt purple. It's Purple/Green/teal/Red/Gold.
I can't think of a better combination of colours! Do you think most people like this? It's a lame gimmick that most people over 16 would not accept for free on their daily drivers.
And when it's all said and done, you'll still drive a contour.

How exclusive do you think Mustangs are? I respect that there are Mustang fans in here and I understand the appeal, but the Mustang doesn't get a lot of respect from driving enthusiasts and journalists from around the world. It's also not a hard car to obtain.

If you consider the entire life of the CEG, most members could have owned a Mustang if they chose. They're pretty accessable. This makes sense that they didn't as we're enthusiasts of a European sports sedan with an emphasis on great handling. Mustangs aren't even on my top 10 list of attainable cars to buy. I don't think they're crap cars, but they don't give me the balance of features I want... which is why I own a SVT Contour.

There's a lot of love for Mustangs here, more so than usual for a car of this nature, but I'm certain most CEG owners would spend $25k+ on a car from the CD3/EUCD/C1 platforms before buying a Mustang, and that's just within the global Ford catalog. There are SO many cars I'd own before a Mustang.

You are, by far, the most deluded person on the CEG. Get over yourself.

Last edited:
And I think most people on this board would rock a enzo over a cobra. I don't see your point in that one.

And i am guessing one reason why it wasn't better was because of cost. These cars were, what, $22-$23K brand new in 98? You start factoring in things that "could" be better on the car you are closing in on $30K really fast. Do you know what $30K could get you in 98? Isn't that around what vettes started out at?

And I think most people on this board would rock a enzo over a cobra. I don't see your point in that one.

And i am guessing one reason why it wasn't better was because of cost. These cars were, what, $22-$23K brand new in 98? You start factoring in things that "could" be better on the car you are closing in on $30K really fast. Do you know what $30K could get you in 98? Isn't that around what vettes started out at?

How much would it have been to throw in a proper LSD and a beefed up clutch? After market those are what.. 1400 worth of parts? Now if ford did that for all the contour SVT's it wouldnet have been much due to volume. That is not a 7-8K price diff.

How much would it have been to throw in a proper LSD and a beefed up clutch? After market those are what.. 1400 worth of parts? Now if ford did that for all the contour SVT's it wouldnet have been much due to volume. That is not a 7-8K price diff.

and you know how much Ford charges for a factory cd player, right? So if it is like 1400 worth of parts then it have been like $18,204.53 in additional cost. LOL But I know all about the stupid differential...I am always scared to let the car rip off the line cause I think the thing is going to explode like WWIII is starting.

and you know how much Ford charges for a factory cd player, right? So if it is like 1400 worth of parts then it have been like $18,204.53 in additional cost. LOL But I know all about the stupid differential...I am always scared to let the car rip off the line cause I think the thing is going to explode like WWIII is starting.

Which is why i wasent a huge fan of the contour, and why i decided to get a Cobra instead of getting a turbo.

musties are a dime a dozen. camareos are a tuff build in comparison to musties. i purched a brand new car in 05 and went with one way better in the twisties than a drag car. legacy gt!

...camareos are a tuff build in comparison to musties...

At no time in history -- even when the Mustang was languishing in its "II" bodystyle from '74-'78 -- was F-body build quality equal or superior to that coming out of Dearborn.

musties are a dime a dozen. camareos are a tuff build in comparison to musties. i purched a brand new car in 05 and went with one way better in the twisties than a drag car. legacy gt!

Linglish much? :rolleyes:

Who cares how many Mustangs there are, I drive a Cobra. Thats like saying "how many mystiques and contours are there out there??"

Im willing to bet the ratio is around the same.

I dont really care though, I have a car that only 1999 were made, 1990 with leather. Made only for one year. And is rare enough in the states let alone canada.

Linglish much? :rolleyes:

Who cares how many Mustangs there are, I drive a Cobra. Thats like saying "how many mystiques and contours are there out there??"

Im willing to bet the ratio is around the same.

I dont really care though, I have a car that only 1999 were made, 1990 with leather. Made only for one year. And is rare enough in the states let alone canada.

Who are the 9 idiots (or genius) who got it with out leather?

I for one do not see the rarity of a cobra mustang. They still make them, and always will, regardless of how many were made in 1997. There is not one other SVT Contour in my county. Thats Sarasota County FL if you'd like to look it up. I'd be willing to bet there are a 10K cobra mustangs.

For crying out loud, the barista that gets me my latte at starbucks drives one an 07 Cobra!

*could be her dads or something, she also has been seen in a very beautiful m5!

Edit: Went to the mall behind me where I work, counted 23 cobra mustangs in the parking lot!! And thats only at the mall!! (side note, i sell mattresses, and yes, I do get that bored)

Last edited:
dont really care though, I have a car that only 1999 were made, 1990 with leather. Made only for one year. And is rare enough in the states let alone canada.
I have 1 of 1170 in my color in 2003. So mine is rare as well...
Hell I have 1 of 1818 in my color ever.:shrug:

Yea, i'm just saying that lumping the cobra in with all mustangs is as stupid as lumping all SVT contours or Lightnings in with all Contours/Mystiques and all F-150's respectivly.

For crying out loud, the barista that gets me my latte at starbucks drives one an 07 Cobra!

Well, I for one wasn't aware of the 07 Cobra's, has anyone else seen this phantom car? I have to find that Starbucks! FYI, they stopped making the Cobra, the last SVT will be the Shelby GT500 in 07.... last SVT for now anyways! The new body style Mustang doesn't have a Cobra name, which is unfortunate as it is the best handling Mustang ever (and will put the SVT Contour to shame in every way)
Am I defending the Mustangs and Cobras here, hell yes. Am I putting down the SVT Contour, not a chance! I just sold my 86 5.0 GT Convert, and I miss it like hell! But the Contour is much more practical for my situation right now. I will go back to the stang scene in due time, but right now I consider my SVT Contour my 4 door mustang! (I know I'll get beat to hell for that!):crazy:

Tourige, the Mystic is a beautiful Cobra, my brother had one and sold it like a moron... You have one of 50 in Canada (metric speedos), don't ever let it go! Now he has a 2007 Mustang GT California Special... nice ride too.

So would anyone object to me somehow jamming the SVT engine into a Probe GT? :laugh:

Back