• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior light no work

Evilhaze

CEG'er
I just noticed tonight that my interior light isn't coming on when I open my drivers door. It works normal when my passenger door opens. Anybody ever had this problem?

Wow, you guys are a lot of help, search didn't give me any matches, neither did your link

yes, take the door jamb switch out, clean the contact slide on the back side and 90 percent of the time they work again. another hint if you are skeptical switch the drivers side front one with the passenger side rear switch. :laugh:

lights

lights

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that right now.

The link still doesn't give matches by the way.

Sometimes just pushing the switch in and out a few times will clear the "dirt" or "rust". But that usually happens during the winter when it is cold.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that right now.

The link still doesn't give matches by the way.
Okay, I give up. The link works for a while and then stops. :mad: FWIW all I did was search on courtesy lights and got around 12 hits - some of them addressing this problem and some for other info. It certainly takes less time to do than to explain. :blackeye:
Karl

lights

lights

Well, I took the switch off the drivers door and put it on the back door, and that worked. The better part is that it worked again when i put it on the back door. YAY!

thanks for the help

Back