• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hazard Flashers?

s.rich06

CEG'er
Can someone tell me what it means when someone in a ricer flashes their hazards when they fly by or in front of you?:shrug:

maybe they have engine troubles and its telling you to pass em, just so they can see the car whiz by but not race, cause they know our will put theirs to sleep....

Hazards typically mean they want to race, and if you raced and they won, they kick on the flashers as well.

Lame, I know. :help:

Way back when I started driving, we used reverse lights to signify we wanted to race. (Yes, we re-wired them, we didn't throw it into reverse :laugh: )

Putting on your hazards on an Autobahn signals the drivers behind you that a Stau (traffic jam) is ahead. I don't think it's a law, just common courtesy.

VERY useful when the Stau is in an unlimited speed zone, around the corner from you... I've came up on them going way-faster-than-allowed-to-post-here and had to stand on the brakes, coming maybe a few feet from the car ahead.

Putting on your hazards on an Autobahn signals the drivers behind you that a Stau (traffic jam) is ahead. I don't think it's a law, just common courtesy.

I'm going to start doing that...

I already see people do that but most of the time its after they get into the traffic and its just annoying as hell, we we can see there is traffic ... sometimes in the rain also but I guess I can see that ....

Back