• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The carnage continues

RespectTheContour

Hard-core CEG'er
welp, as many of you know i have a huge shark bite taken out of my rear bumper due to a young blonde who shouldnt have her license...well heres the new addition to the story...i had my car parked on the road outside of my aunts house yesterday in my hometown (mind you this is a private road neighbor hood where every car should be safe) and a little girl on her bike decided to get a close look at my passenger side tail light on the same side as the missing bumper section! thankfully the little girl was completey fine and her mother was jogging behind her...well once she find out her daughter was fine she almost jogged off until she saw me...then she was like "ah i think my daughter may have hit your car" (meanwhile the loud THUNK and bicycle tire skid noises were a clear indication that she had) so i go down there and ask if her daughter is ok then i check out the car...broken tail light...the woman couldnt have been more rude to me! i was being as polite as polite can be!!!! so finally shes like fine, do you want my name and number (had she not been rude i wouldnt have taken it) but she was so rude i said "yes please"....so i called ford today to get a price....$180!!!! so if anyone has an extra lying around ill buy it!!! haha, i knew there was a reason i hadnt gotten the new bumper put on yet! that would have ruined my day to see scratches on a new bumper...so my procrastination paid off!

my poor poor svt hates me, haha

I just did the pissed off Napoleon Dynamite thing!!!

Damn kids, stay away from my car's sister!!! I can't believe people don't take responsibility for stuff!!! People suck!!!

I can't believe people don't take responsibility for stuff!!! People suck!!!

your ****ing right ... someone side swiped Jess' taurus in the apartment parking lot the other night. she came in around 2 am from baby sitting and was alittle over the line ... when shw went out to her car the next morning around 10:30 she found the damage. I think somone pulle din ok but couldn't pull out of the spot. if you know the 98 taurus door you know how is is recessed in the middle, well near the top where it is coming out, at the level of the door handles there is line/crease from the mirrot to about the handle on the rear door. on the bottom on the door its also dented in and you can see where I think someone turned the wheel more and dented the door. It was all scuffed up but luckly the paint didn't crack or anything and most of it came off.

no note, no anything and chances are we will never see the car that did it again. :mad:

Did the other car leave any paint? You might be able to narrow it down if its someone that lives there, or visits frequently.

Did the other car leave any paint? You might be able to narrow it down if its someone that lives there, or visits frequently.

not really, there was alittle black or blue but i doubt its someone that lives there, but you never know. I mean there are often people from across the street that park in our lot when its signed that they can't ...

dude you should have taken the little girls bike and tossed it down the street when the woman got rude!

I might have a taillight in the garage..not sure what side or if it is a post 98 or not.
i will have to check.
i would still make the lady pay for it.
Ask bill jenkins to send you a "receipt" so you can get the full amount out of her.
or go buy it from the dealer, show her put it in, show it to her and the receipt, get your money then return the light and if the one i have is the right one, i will let you have it cheap.
:)
screw her for being rude.

Pulled my finger, now he's dead....

Everytime I read one of your posts, I get queen stuck in my head. I'll have to ride my bike up the back o' you for that!

funny you say that because that song JUST finished on the radio. As soon as it started, I immediately thought of Elky's sig.

I have a nice set of 98 tails from my old parts car. $10 plus shipping and the driver side is yours. PM me.

Todd, he needs the passenger side tail light.

Elky, I'm pretty sure the tail light you have is a passenger side one. It's on the same side as the gas door, IIRC.
(and that's the passenger side, right?)

yes it is the passenger side and tony told me that 2000 uses a different bulb/socket setup so i specifically need that year, dang bastages making it difficult for me...but ya that lady is definately paying for it

p.s. elky i laughed pretty hard at the image of me tossing the girls bike down the road, haha

Back