• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Natalie (GL) goes byebye

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
This weekend we dropped her off at Elky's house so the new owner could pick her up (his sister-in-law).
I took some final pics before we left his house.
Here she is rolling on her steelies with winter rubber and crappy Walmart wheel covers. :laugh:

P6103880.jpg

P6103882.jpg

P6103883.jpg

The new owner also bought rims off Billdo (Pre98) so those will be installed shortly. I'm curious to see how that turns out. I hope she looks pretty. :)

I'm sad, but not too down about it. The new owner has a daughter, so I'm confident that the GL will be a good, safe vehicle for her to drive her little girl around in.
It was really strange when we got home to not see the GL sitting in the driveway. I had a strange feeling of sadness but relief to finally have the space available in the driveway again. :eek:

She was a good little girl for us. We put about 50,000 miles on her, so hopefully she can provide just about the same for her new owner. :)

5 bolt hub caps.. hahaha.. but yea that is a clean car and i hope the next owner cares for it as much as you did!

:cry: i wish you guys could have come to SZ. i really wanted to see that beast

and i dont understand why you'd sell your baby to anyone related to elky. now i wont ever be able to touch it cause i'd be too worried that his ball sweat is all over it(pig head from SZ that i kissed)

hehe.....yeah you know elky was all over that car when noone was looking. pics will probably surface after the new owner takes it!

P6103880.jpg

Holy airshocks at all 4 corners:eek:
(Yes I know its got struts:troutslap: )

I'm sure you hated to see it go Kim, but it appears you've got quite a collection of cars now so it shouldn't be to hard, just take that MS6 for drive and "forgetaboutit":laugh:

Yeah, I was a little sad too. She was a trooper!!! I wasn't happy when we did the suspension though. We replaced the springs and struts with OEM, but I was very close to just getting the BAT kit instead. I wish I had done the BAT kit. She has about 157K and is running strong still. I would think she could easily do another 50K.

Yeah, as Cobra said, we got her up to about 157,000. We bought her from baco99 with 108,000 miles.

It's kinda funny, I was looking through the old paperwork and found a copy of the original title. Apparently the car was purchased by a NH resident. Then baco's mom bought it (a MA resident), and it was eventually handed down to him. Then he sold it to me, so it became a NH car again. And now it has been sold to a MA resident.

We should change her name to New England's Little Trollop. ;) :laugh:

Amazing what pictures can do. The paint was in pretty good shape, considering all the salty winters she's been through, but don't be deceived. She still has clearcoat and paint chip problems here and there.
Plus that chrome strip is getting ready for the crapper soon.
BUT it really does sit that high. The springs/struts are all new OEM as of August last year. I don't understand why they didn't settle down at least a little more than that. We've been calling her GL Monster Truck. :laugh:

Some nice pics there Kim, Any Pics of the new owner?:shrug:​

Wow, another Troll is born. Well Kim, at least you know it's going to someone kinda in the family.​

I'm sure you'll miss her, but at least you know it's going to a good place. I'd rather sell it that way than to some complete stranger that might not give a ****ski...​

Last edited:
She's not a troll yet. She still has the Cougar, and I occasionally let her drive the SVT.

If you put some bricks in the trunk, would the front go up in the air on that thing? LOL. I remember when my 95 looked that good, sniff sniff.

She is going into decent hands.
Jess' sister, Amanda, will take decent care of her.
it wont be papmered lilke Mike and Kim, but it wont be trashed either.
the GL is a definite upgrade for amanda and her family, currently they are driving a Ford Aspire.

i am hoping to swap the wheels tonight, so i can get pictures up.

Back