• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whoring the Volvo......(56k just sit and cry)

The volvo emblem is coming off too, trying to get wax out of it sucks... so its gonna be gone.

ok well unfortunately what you think doesn't really matter.

do some research and you'll find s60r's putting down 320+ awhp with bolt on parts...and i'm not talking that many parts either.

i'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you, but the m3 is not invincible. i'll worry about the new one when it comes out, and i'll only race it in the snow! :laugh:

Here, some guy on swedespeed who's taken the stock turbo about as far as it'll safely go:

I can list a few stages that I went thru.

Intake,3" Downpipe, chip, and Exhaust=306whp

Intake,3" Downpipe, chip, Exhaust, front mount intercooler, with a little custom tuning=323whp
Intake,3" Downpipe, chip, Exhaust, front mount intercooler, with a little custom tuning, and a 35 shot of nitrous=362whp.

i'm personally shooting for about 300awhp right now, which is more than enough to walk an m3 :eek:

EDIT: not taking anything away from the m3. beautiful purpose built machine, but not all there is out there!!

Last edited:
so i ordered my little swedish flag emblem, they make one for the front too but it's $50 and i'm not so sure i want it just yet.

i also picked up one of these:

http://www.takspeed.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23

something very important i've been meaning to get...you two guys should also get it for your car. i dunno if you've scraped that stupid bracket for the exhaust that hangs down like 10 feet from the car, but this = better than getting your exhaust pushed into your driveshaft!

oh, and since they were only $8 i got s set of these for the wheels:

http://www.takspeed.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=25

Last edited:
i haven't hit mine yet, but i cringe and drive really slow when i'm in PA and such.

Supposedly the bracket is supposed to be there, incase of an accident or something it's supposed to make the driveshaft deflect a certain way...and i guess if something happened where something dropped so you wouldn't "pole vault"

anyway...the braided one is only $10 so meh. and now i gotta lookinto new tires. that buzzing sound you heard in my car was actually unevenly worn tires. apparently my alignment was way off and i didn't know. sucks that i ruined $250 a piece tires!!!

its a driveshaft loop, mustnag & F-body owners have been installing them on their cars for years. I've already started looking into fitting a "real" loop like a lakewood or similar.

18000.jpg

-Mark

how though? the exhaust runs right under the driveshaft. actually, i thought that noise we were hearing was something caused when the exhaust gets wet and expands just enough to kiss the driveshaft! not much clearance i don't think...

what I was thinking is running the loop around the driveshaft, but have it above the exhaust. I just need to get the car up in the air and start measuring and taking note on what things can be adjusted to make it work
-Mark

ok well unfortunately what you think doesn't really matter.

do some research and you'll find s60r's putting down 320+ awhp with bolt on parts...and i'm not talking that many parts either.

i'm not gonna get in a pissing match with you, but the m3 is not invincible. i'll worry about the new one when it comes out, and i'll only race it in the snow! :laugh:

Here, some guy on swedespeed who's taken the stock turbo about as far as it'll safely go:

i'm personally shooting for about 300awhp right now, which is more than enough to walk an m3 :eek:

EDIT: not taking anything away from the m3. beautiful purpose built machine, but not all there is out there!!

Oh I totally agree with you, and I know that most cars with a factory turbo make tremendous gains with just some a/m tuning and a few bolt-ons. I didn't even realize the s60 R's were turbo, I should have figured. I mean, they are sick cars, and I always classified them along side M3's and S4's.

Back