• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whoring the Volvo......(56k just sit and cry)

Hmmm, this one is local to me.....:eek: :rolleyes:

1867392240.220623695.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

That blue is HOT :drool: !!!

hey, mine was sonic blue for a minute....

Photo-0011-1.jpg

EDIT: those rims on the blue ones look like the viva 19" knockoffs of the stock pegs...same wheel just bigger and in a hyper black finish. they'd actually look mint on silver snake's car!

either that or they're really dirty...

here they are on a black r:

s60r_3.jpg

s60r_1.jpg

s60r_4.jpg

Last edited:
hey, mine was sonic blue for a minute....

Photo-0011-1.jpg

EDIT: those rims on the blue ones look like the viva 19" knockoffs of the stock pegs...same wheel just bigger and in a hyper black finish. they'd actually look mint on silver snake's car!

either that or they're really dirty...

You can get Pegs in the darker color. I am not sure if was a factory or dealer option, but there are Pegs in the birght silver and darker/anthricite color.

They would totally look awsome on mine, I just wish i had the coin. I am trying to find the cash to buy winter wheels/tires.

-Todd

Love the R's. Im all about getting a V70 R, but damm they seem hard to come by in something other then black and auto.

I was planning on picking up a set of 17's and some winter tires. I don't expect the Ventus to grip for chit. The tires are the only thing I don't like, the previous owner slapped them on before returning the lease. They are unbelievably loud. But, they are brand new, so i cant complain too much.

Do you have a hookup for wheels/tires?

-Todd

A full set sitting in my garage collecting dust. I'll dig out pics and specs tonight. If you go your own way, be wary of fit. Clearing the brake package is a challenge for most 17 and many 18's. Those brakes, fyi, were designed by Porsche. ;) I am in no way suggesting brake cleaning/de-glazing method offered here some time ago by a complete moron, but just jump on those binders once at highway speeds...:drool:

A full set sitting in my garage collecting dust. I'll dig out pics and specs tonight. If you go your own way, be wary of fit. Clearing the brake package is a challenge for most 17 and many 18's. Those brakes, fyi, were designed by Porsche. ;) I am in no way suggesting brake cleaning/de-glazing method offered here some time ago by a complete moron, but just jump on those binders once at highway speeds...:drool:

Don't worry, SilverSnake doesn't know a darn thing about brakes. I'm sure he'll just convert them to drums so he can fit 15" steelies on there for the winter time.

i've had to slow from 120 in a hurry....the brakes perform nicely during normal braking, but if you really get on them - whoa....that's all ihave to say.

snake, i didn't know you could get a darker shade of wheels from the factory, but the only place you can get 19's is from viva....if you like the pegs.

trapps, what kinda wheels you got?? pics??

I'd like to see pics of the wheels. FYI, Porsche had nothing to do wit the brakes. They are a straight Brembo design. I already called in a favor and have two sets of pads/rotors comming from the factory. :D

-Todd

I'd like to see pics of the wheels. FYI, Porsche had nothing to do wit the brakes. They are a straight Brembo design. I already called in a favor and have two sets of pads/rotors comming from the factory. :D

-Todd

omg, ichanged pads before SZ and they are so expensive!!!

atleast they were easy to change though...once you get your head int here you'll appreciate how massive the calipers are (4 piston front and rear FTW!)

EDIT: and while the brakes are great, be careful if you intend to heavily track them:

Front-right-brake.jpg

not supposed to be that color! everythings totally cooked! :eek:

Last edited:
Hard tracked brembo's will change color... it's pretty common.

Looks to be the same basic brakes as the front of my car... I bought some EBC yellow's (track temp brake pad) for I think like $160. I guess that could be considered expensive.

The rotors are killer.. at least the subie ones are. I was looking at some nice aftermarket 2 piece and those are like 600 a pair.

-Todd

Damn you, now I have to go searching the intraweb to see for myself. I do know that ipd has done Big Red conversions...

I suppose my memory could be fubar.

I cant find any pictures of the wheels on my car; my old imagehost page is gone. They are Sport Edition E2's (17 x 7.5)with Bridgestone Blizzak LM25 235/45-17

Last edited:
these??

2003244925778202415_rs.jpg

i got a set of stock 17" pegs with blizzaks on them already...

yeah the brake pads cost me like almost $200 for the fronts.

Damn you, now I have to go searching the intraweb to see for myself. I do know that ipd has done Big Red conversions...

I suppose my memory could be fubar.

I cant find any pictures of the wheels on my car; my old imagehost page is gone. They are Sport Edition E2's (17 x 7.5)with Bridgestone Blizzak LM25 235/45-17

Trapps,

I work for Brembo, trust me. ;) Your right about some of the past IPD conversions, they were Porsche hardware (which is also made by Brembo).

How many miles are on the tires, and what are you asking?

-Todd

Back