• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Whoring the Volvo......(56k just sit and cry)

I love my R, put 500 miles on it since Saturday.
-Mark

I love the car. i've put a little over 3k miles on it since i got it and the more i learn to drive it the better it is! the ETM takes some getting used to. it still embarasses me occasionally.

Snake, can you elaborate on how you repaired your curb rash?? One of my summer 18's is pretty bad. i dunno what the previous owner hit. I've actually contemplated throwing on the winter 17's and dumping the 18's and getting aftermarkets.

but if you have a cheap fix for now that'd be great!

i'm also jealous of the sport kit, and the 05 center console > than the 04.

Nice-looking R ya got there ... :drool: !

AND now Mark's got one ?!?!? I love those cars ... wish I could afford one , but I'm po :cry: . Time to sell the SVT & pony up & go in hock again :( .

i think i'm gonna have to take credit for this. and for anyone who didn't get a test drive @ SZ, you shoulda asked!

******* stole my plate Idea. LOL

Mark is the reason my SVT is now up for sale

so you're in the market for a volvo?? wow...wtf is going on here??

it is, honestly, the best performing car you can get for the money...hands down.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone!

TGO,

I bought the Volvo paint/clear coat from Viva Performance. I sanded down the offending areas then reshot the silver and then the clear. Look alot better. If I were to do it again, I might use a little bondo in the deepest gouges, but even without I have had to point out the area to most.

BTW, you have to get the iMIV. Works fantastic.

-Todd

I almost bought a 60R about 3 months ago. Todras drove it for me was black with the atacma leather. Told the dealer I wasn't sure and I needed to think about it then he started to get crazy and call non stop.

I think i would end up buying a 01 S4 over the 04 60R I think its the price difference that is leaning me towards the S4. My car has to sell first and I'm not even 100% sure I wanna sell it

I think i would end up buying a 01 S4 over the 04 60R I think its the price difference that is leaning me towards the S4. My car has to sell first and I'm not even 100% sure I wanna sell it

Have you looked into maintenance costs between the two? I know you'll be doing most of the work yourself, but how do the parts prices compare?

I've been considering the S60R myself for a while. Not really sure yet. Also considered an Altima SE-R, but the Volvo is definitely the better buy.

i dunno...people were telling me the S4 is expensive and unreliable as far as the turbo's go...but i hadnt' heard anything bad from people who actually owned one.

the warranty was a major factor. i dunno where i wanna go with the R. i'm hoping to get it to around 300awhp and then i'll be happy.

tourige, not many cars come equipped with atacama...the regular leather is soft as butter anyway.

and don't forget guys...especially if financing, these cars have a resale value very much like the contour. it sucks!

That blue with the Atacama is the sexorz. Just try to find one though. I think this one Jason was looking at had 60k for 21k.

standard.jpg

Check this price in TX! Crazy!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=935

Last edited:
I didn't like the Atacama until this weekend when we went to the Volvo dealer. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stuff is awesome

Damn you guys. Damn you all to hell. I'm jealous. That's it, i'm going to go buy a Ferrari now just so you guys can feel what it's like. Too bad all I could afford would be a ragged out '82 Mondial

Hmmm, this one is local to me.....:eek: :rolleyes:

:drool:

That leather is soooooo comfy as well.

I drove an S60R a while back, while i wish it had more power, it was fun as hell to drive. The dynamic suspension is REALLY cool. Turning it from advanced to comfort over a crappy road makes a WORLD of difference. And the interior... ohhhhh the interior is just AMAZING. Those seats are sooo nice, i love the Atacama.

hmm....the active chassis is nice, but it has it's quirks. side hop is an issue...and volvo's updated software to address the problem really softens it up way too much - even on advanced.

so if you have an 04 with sum rev. 1 leave it that way!!!!

this color with the atacama is the most pimp:

volvo_s60r_test.jpg

the power the car needs isn't too hard to come by...an ecu flash/intake/exhaust/DP will get you right where you need to be as far as walking mustangs/m3's/etc....but stock is also fine!

overall it's a great car. i actually can't wait until it snows now so i can throw the blizzaks on and see what it can do. still it has it's quirks, just like the contour. maybe contour owners are naturally drawn to cars like this??

Back