• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Before and After

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
yeah yeah yeah, I know "its a zetec" blah blah blah. I just thought I would update you guys on my ongoing zetec "project" car. I have been slowly fixing this one up to bring it back to its former "glory" and then some ;)

A short while back many of you may remember that I had posted some pictures of some painted engine bay stuff, I finally got around to installing it today, its nice when you dont have anything to do for once :crazy:

So without further A due:

Before:
DSC00343.jpg

^ew^

After:
DSC00344.jpg

I picked up a 98 Zetec Valve cover, which had the Spark plug wire cover, gives the engine bay a much cleaner look, and some "Ford Red" high temp paint caught my eye at the auto parts store time ago, so I picked it up for good measure.

I think it makes the whole engine bay look a hundred times cleaner. Oh and thats my custom Short Ram air intake I built from an e-bay kit. Works great :) still needs a little cleaning up though. I do stuff as I get time to do it.

EDIT: and yes I know there is a bomz air filter on there, its temperary, I have a K&N it was just wicked dirty at the time of install so I put the bomz one on just until I find time to clean the K&N and can reinstall it.

Last edited:
Needs contrast, bad. paint the wire cover black/silver or somthing.

but it is an improvement.

Get red intake cupplings, and maybe some red wire-looms. it'd look clean then!

yeah, when I ordered the kit it said they would come with red couplings. So im kinda pissed about that, but oh well it was super cheap.

As for the Spark plug wire cover, the more I look at it the more I want it to be a different color. I think I might just dip it in some paint thiner and bring it back to the black plastic color.

I ended up going paint crazy while I was painting everything, its not difficult to change :)

Looks good, but I agree that a contrast is needed. Black is a good idea, but I'd take it another step and get a true contrast and get black wrinkle paint. It has a neat texture, and would look good next to the glossy red.

Back