• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th

Why are you getting banned? More imporantly, what's a Detroit Discount, and does it involve guns? Also, how's about some pics of your meat, Hector? Or at least what size tires on what size wheels?
Detroit discount didn't involve guns as far as I know.:laugh:

I will get some pics once the rain stops!:shrug:

245-45-17 BF Goodrich G Force KDWS:drool:

How wide are your wheels? Are the 17"x7"s? I've got 225/45/17's on, and they look pretty good; I'd imagine the 245's are 'bout an inch wider, huh? ;)

The original person who was coming with me can't because his wife is too close to having their first baby (7 monthes) and JD can't get out of school obligations, so it looks like I'm going to try and get my co-worker Art to go with me. Art came down with us 2 years ago, I'll keep you guys posted but either way, we're still coming! Its going to take a special person to put up with me on a trip like that or I'd ask someone from the SEMI CEG to ride shotgun. Not only that, I've gotta be able to get along with them, not that I'm a bad guy or anything, its just you've gotta "click" with someone for that. Inside one month to go, I can smell the mountains already!!!

Attn Josh!

Attn Josh!

I just wanna know if you've changed out the tires atleast on the AWD Caliber R/T?

Eric, do you know if he's done this, just curious, thanks.

The original person who was coming with me can't because his wife is too close to having their first baby (7 monthes) and JD can't get out of school obligations, so it looks like I'm going to try and get my co-worker Art to go with me. Art came down with us 2 years ago, I'll keep you guys posted but either way, we're still coming! Its going to take a special person to put up with me on a trip like that or I'd ask someone from the SEMI CEG to ride shotgun. Not only that, I've gotta be able to get along with them, not that I'm a bad guy or anything, its just you've gotta "click" with someone for that. Inside one month to go, I can smell the mountains already!!!
Hell yeah....Art was some fun!:laugh:

Gas has dropped in price drastically in the past few days. At a station near my parents house it is $2.13 for regular. (Yes, we put regular in our SVT). The price I saw today at 411/129 when we were down there today:laugh: was $2.29 for regular.

Yeah fa sho. I remember it's bad to run regular in an SVT since it's tune for premium; it can't retard the timing enough to use it. Run 91/93. You'll go faster.

Yeah fa sho. I remember it's bad to run regular in an SVT since it's tune for premium; it can't retard the timing enough to use it. Run 91/93. You'll go faster.
Well it actually can be sorta car dependant. I think it's Big Jim that runs regular in his and ran the ford computer with it and noticed no adverse affects. I think he said it's pinged a couple of times when it's very hot out. Though his is a 98, the newer SVTs have higher compression. Personally I run 93 most of the time and sometimes throw half a tank of 89 in. Without running the scanner (and knowing what everything means) I wouldn't try 87. Plus if it possibly takes some performance away, then I definitely don't wanna do it.

Gas has dropped in price drastically in the past few days. At a station near my parents house it is $2.13 for regular. (Yes, we put regular in our SVT). The price I saw today at 411/129 when we were down there today:laugh: was $2.29 for regular.

The difference between regular and premium is usually about .20 a gallon, so if your put in 10 gallons your saving $2.00, not even close to being worth it IMO. My Crossfire calls for premium and with a compression ratio of 11:3:1, I'm not even going to think about trying to save enough money to buy a bag of chip and a pop, now way, now how!!!

PLEASE, help your perf car live a long life, feed it right!

Twenty Four Days To Go!!!....

...is everyone ready?

-money, check
-portable air compressor, check
-leather driving gloves,check
-quart of Mobil 1, check
-pounding driving music, check!
-wheel cleaner, check

Last edited:
Replacement oil pan - check
Replacement oil pan gasket - check
Replacement y-pipe - No check; in transit :(