• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

indiglow lights

kidSVT

CEG'er
Idk if this is the right place for this... i'm tryin to install my indiglow gauges and well.. they're not lightin up. these are the wires i'm splicing together:

DSCN3161.jpg

DSCN3163.jpg

the black and red wires came with the gauges.. i'm not sure if those two are supposed to be put together, or if the red wire is supposed to go somewhere else..? also i'm not completely sure where that black box is supposed to go..
DSCN3164.jpg

when i turn the lights on, i can still see the old lights light up behind the new gauges..

all i know is that it doesn't look like this:
Picture701.jpg

anyone know whats going on?? thanks

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread needs to be saved as what you should not do!

Red on aftermarket parts equals power +12v black equals ground.

WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU USING A WIRE NUT?

goooood point... alright well what i did is exactly what NOT to do! my friends dad helped me figure out what to do.

In the 2nd pic, the wire with a red and black wire in it is what i scewed up with. the Red wire is hooked up with the (in my case) brown and red-blue wire. We just twised those boys together and taped them up. that black wire attached with the red wire is the ground wire. Find a bolt/nut near by that is touching metal, and put the black wire between the bolt/nut and piece of metal. i'll shoot a picture tomorrow of where we did ours, it worked out pretty well.

quick question for anyone out there. As i was puttin my gauges overtop the old ones.. my RPM needle popped out. I put the gauge on and poped the needle back on, but idk if i put it on all the way or not, because well.. the needle isn't moving when i'm driving :confused: did i completely 'F' up my RPM needle? or do i just needa take it apart tomorrow and make sure the needle is on all the way

Back