• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shuttle Launch

mart_svt

CEG'er
Did anybody get a chance to see the Shuttle launch tonight? I caught just a glimpse of it here in Ocala as the clouds started rolling in. Always an amazing sight!

Nope never even knew it was launching tonight..I dont think down here in SW FL we would have seen much its been raining all day and nasty out..

Ya, the clouds were in the way, but I saw it nonetheless. It was so sweet! :cool:

Looks like this from my place:
PC090014.jpg

This was the last time the shuttle lauched, not this time.

Last edited:
If you ever get the chance to go to a night launch you should take advantage of it. Coco beach is a great place to watch, especially if it is a polar orbit launch. The vehicle looks like it passes right overhead.

I've been to a day launch, about 10 years ago. I need to do it again sometime and make sure its a night launch.

Yea, there is nothing like actually being there and seeing it up close and personal (2 miles away?). The sound is amazing!! And you can spend hours in the Kennedy Space Center exhibits.

I have been to about 6 launches, both night and day. Including the original Return to Flight after Challenger. Most recently, last July 4th.
Was kinda hoping this one would be scubbed one day so I could have gone to see it.
It was 100% overcast down here so didn't see anything :(

I saw it in town too. Could only see it for a few seconds as it passed through an opening in the clouds.

I think I posted last time I actually went to the launch. Took two trips (called off the first one), but I got to see it. I went to see the last night launch but that got canceled as well. Didn't go back.

Back