• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Toy/Project car

I'm well aware of that. Is it eluding you that I was stating my opinion on how everyone has the 87-93 model and that I think he should keep it different from the pack?

...still not comprehending?

Todras said:
I would have started from an 87-93 myself since they're so cheap. Interior can be swapped fairly easily though.

Pen Two said:
Everyone has that style though.

PeppermintPatty said:
lol...wtf has it been changed to look like???

what does this look like to you?
caprizi2.jpg

perhaps this? '87-'93
1987-mustang.jpg

I'm well aware of that. Is it eluding you that I was stating my opinion on how everyone has the 87-93 model and that I think he should keep it different from the pack?

...still not comprehending?

what does this look like to you?

perhaps this? '87-'93

Just because it looks like one means it is one? The car is essentially still an '83 Capri. Besides, it's not like it's that hard to reupholster those original seats. :shrug:

If he wanted to be different then I think he would have bought something else. If someone looks inside I think they might gag. Being different with an old arse interior isn't a good thing.

Just because it looks like one means it is one?

no...you were referring to STYLE, and so was I. Most would recognize that word as outward appearance.

as far as upholstery...that's the least of the interior issue :blackeye:

I guess that's where the misunderstanding came up. I was referring to the style as a whole, inside and out because the '83 obviously was different from the '87+.

My bad though. :eek:

You have the beginings of a good build. Now all you need is a ford focus and Kuegel components...

:D

Lol! Just not my taste I guess. :cool:

Aim for this...just without the wheels, gold pin stripe, and choice in paint. :laugh:

front.jpg

Pen_Two,

This must have started out as an LX correct? Reason why I say is b/c I wanted to get these side skirts (but w/out the side exhaust cutouts) but every place says they fit the LX only. So either they don't know what they are talking about or it did start out as an LX.

However, I know the front and rear bumpers can be swapped back and forth between LX and GT w/out any issues.

I have the same hood, but I have the stalker front end and Cobra rear bumper and Cobra wing.

Last edited:
i think the places might have listed them as not fitting the gt because they already have side skirts on them stock...but if you remove the side skirts from a gt it will be the same as an lx,so any skirts that fit an lx will also fit a gt with the gt's stock skirts removed.....

i think the places might have listed them as not fitting the gt because they already have side skirts on them stock...but if you remove the side skirts from a gt it will be the same as an lx,so any skirts that fit an lx will also fit a gt with the gt's stock skirts removed.....

I hear what you are saying but on my GT the side skirts go all the way up and including the trim piece that holds the thick pin stripe that goes all the way around the car i.e where the gold trim is on that pic.

I believe the LX's that trim piece is just a (approx) 2"x4" in piece stuck on there since there is no side skirt to tie it into. If you look at the red ground effects it looks like they stop at the trim piece where the gold striping is. So this makes sense that it would work on the LX b/c this aftermarket ground effect would now mate up to the 2"x4" piece of trim on the side making it "resemble" a GT side skirt. However. If you did this side skirt on the GT you would have to stick this side skirt over top of the GT side skirt to keep the trim pieces that are connected to the GT side skirt. Unless you take off the GT side skirt, buy the 2"x4" trim pieces from a LX, put those on and then you could use this aftermarket side skirt.

Hope you understand all that but if you do it makes sense why I've heard they only fit the LX's.

I just called him to verify, it is a GT. The tail lights were switched out for the LX lights.

Can you find out some info on the side skirts....i.e where he got them, how he pulled it off. Was it just a simple swap, did he have to by the LX sides and then the aftermarket skirt worked?

I'm curious what he did.

Also to answer Blakfoot, 87-93 yeat tail lights are extremely simple to switch out over the different styles (cobra, LX, and GT). Many ppl switch them around.

Back