• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

morette

No, they are not. They dont even look close to projectors ;) Although in the spirit of not angering mikey, those reflectors are going to be alot more powerfull than stock lights!

If you're talking about putting projectors into stock housings, thats nothing new, there are probably more than 5 or 6 sets rolling around besides the ones ive made.

If you're talking about projectors into Morettes, id be interested in seeing pictures.

Well i was talking about both. I will try to track down pictures of the BMW morrettes projectors. Cant remember if they were mk1 or mk2 though but ill see what MEG turns up.

jcth1

"Done by the new year"

Another deadline not met....thats like what, 4 now?

JESUS how hard is it to make these! Pisses me off how Morette has started products for other platforms AFTER ours and have been finished with them (i.e the new WRX) and we continue to wait. WTF already!! :mad:

What do I have to do for some Morettes in the the HID projector flavor?

I dunno how many of you read the complete old thread, but I was in contact with Morette last year to test fit on my car.

Harold did one test fit at a Renault tuning shop (they were amazed at my Ford! Bit of a step up from what they normally see... Twingos, etc), then told me he would be in contact soon.

Kept in contact via Email with him answering all my questions until April or so, then he vanished.

So yeah, I dunno if he gave up on test fitting here (he had no idea that there were tons of US spec Contours in Germany due to all the US personnel here), or chose someone else, but kinda sucks that he just ignored me.

Just because I was curious where this was at...

Patrick @ Morette USA said:
Greetings Mike,

We are still working thru the details on DOT. Once we find suitable optics,
we can bring the contour lights to market.

Do you go to the Spring zing? If you do can you tell me when it is?

Best Regards

Patrick.

He knows about SZ07 and I gave him the link for the details... who knows maybe they'll show up for it :confused:

Sheesh.. I emailed them a couple weeks ago and never got a reply. I suggested that they stop pursuing DOT certification and just release them as off-road only.. with their original euro lights.

Sheesh.. I emailed them a couple weeks ago and never got a reply. I suggested that they stop pursuing DOT certification and just release them as off-road only.. with their original euro lights.

But then they wouldn't have an excuse for them not to be done. How long have these things been in the works now? Might be time for all of you guys who have been waiting on these to throw in the towel.

But then they wouldn't have an excuse for them not to be done. How long have these things been in the works now? Might be time for all of you guys who have been waiting on these to throw in the towel.

im sure no one is holding their breath..

Yea I'm working on building my own. Unfortuantely I do not have as much free time as I would like. So things are taking forever and a day. Atleast I have the models made up, the new Hella projectors and a few sets of Contour headlights to work with. My goal was to have a prototype built by now... but eh haven't been putting in enough time and effort.

Back