• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

morette

yah, we need to keep this thread on track.... mods - prune if needed..

trust me.. I'm not letting up on this until I have morettes on my car..

trust me.. I'm not letting up on this until I have morettes on my car..

Well it seems like you are our only Ace in the hole so we need you to be on their a$$ non stop.

I'm tired of the promises and no product.

We should put a Morette banner counter at the the top of the forum that counts the how long it has been since the Morette under took the project. Just for laughs if nothing else.

do they realisez that they have probably lost at least half of their potential customer by now... by the time they released them most of the contour wont be on the road anymore...

do they realisez that they have probably lost at least half of their potential customer by now... by the time they released them most of the contour wont be on the road anymore...

i would be amazed if 6 people bought their product. i had never heard of morette untill i found CEG, but i know that you cannot take them seriously.

they never returned my barrage of emails, so scratch me off that list i dont have the time to waste thinking about a product that might never be!

also, for those of you who really want them, just order them off ebay uk and save yourselfe the heartache. i posted earlier in this forum a set that was in good condition.

also, for those of you who really want them, just order them off ebay uk and save yourselfe the heartache. i posted earlier in this forum a set that was in good condition.

I'm assuming your speaking of the Mondeo Morettes correct? From what I hear there is WAY to much work to make those fit and look right to even be worth the hassle. So for me its Morette or nothing.

I'm assuming your speaking of the Mondeo Morettes correct? From what I hear there is WAY to much work to make those fit and look right to even be worth the hassle. So for me its Morette or nothing.

a morette not fitting perfect is not the prettiest sight (mikes car). Even though its a test fit, it looks bad. Its not worth the hassle getting them shipped here to the US from europe and then fabricating it too fit :blackeye:

I own a set of Mondeo Morettes... they are not a direct fit.. they are anything but and will require alot of custom work to get them to that point.

Its just not as simple as modifying the fender opening to make them fit... its the header panel, bumper, grill and more.. When my car was in the shop for hail damage repair and a repaint they mocked everything up and showed me exactly what had to be removed.. basically you need to remove almost all of the header panel and headlight framing and custom fabricate it.

500-600 for a set of lights that fit perfectly is my goal... not another 2000 dollars worth of fabricating for something that can never be put back to stock if needed. Yes, its one-off but I dont want to deal with replacement issues or something if some ass hat was to hit the front of my car. Doubtful insurance would be as understanding on something like that - especially when they find out that all the structural framing of your car was modified or not as the car makers intended.

Unfortunately its not as easy as the Ford Cougar and the Mercury Cougar in the US/Euro conversion - The Mondeo is dramatically different in all aspects. :(

Last edited:
not yet... but I emailed on the 20th - with the Holidays I'm willing to give him a little more time than normal to respond.

I'll call M!key to see if hes got some phone numbers if we need them after the Holiday (if there is still no response)

I truely find it hard to believe that Patrick will blow me off though, we talked for quite some time in the SEMA booth

He might need to get all his information directly from Harold first.. I made it clear that I wanted information that I could take back to the board and post.

i do love them...
picture.JPG

i think t-red and green are the only colors that cant pull them off. in other words, i dont like them but i have a t-red and they do look good on mikes car.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's been WAY too long to put these into production for a vehicle that is dating fast. This company obviously has no ambition to make profit and find out demand. If they would only post progress, or set an estimated completion date, they could start to collect production numbers.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ done!

i think t-red and green are the only colors that cant pull them off. in other words, i dont like them but i have a t-red and they do look good on mikes car.
I wouldn't be able to live it down if I didn't do a little psing.

tredmorette.jpg

Now I want some :cool: :laugh:

Wow you guys realy have had it hard with regards to Morrettes. As you know mondeo ones are about and in alot of peoples eyes a very subtle but worthwhile Mod.

With regards to $ to £ conversion as things for us are generally cheaper due to exchange rates then i could never justify spending £1k on a pair of headlights especially if its taken this long to manufacture them, yet they're still not available to joe public.

Someone here in the uk on MEG done a projector conversion of the outside lenses to E30 BMW projectors.

Another MEG'ers took standard lights and fitted Nissan Primera main beam projectors so perhaps that could be a possible option.

A mod i would love to do is the Cougar headlight conversion. TBH i would rather spend my money and time doing any of the above than hang about for Morrettes to sort there act out.

jcth1

If you're talking about putting projectors into stock housings, thats nothing new, there are probably more than 5 or 6 sets rolling around besides the ones ive made.

If you're talking about projectors into Morettes, id be interested in seeing pictures.

Back