• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

so i want to make my car louder at idle....

MLuko

Veteran CEG'er
How can i achieve this?? Currently i got a custom magnaflow cat-back with 2 muffles... no res, opt. y-pipe, and no cat.... I would like to hear it a little more at idle.. any suggestions?

No, his car is quiet at idle, unless you're standing directly behind it. There several occasions at SZ where I thought he killed it in the parking lot.

i got bored last week and just cut a hole in the exhaust right by the jack point and i was going to mess with it and see if a side pipe would work coming out the jackpoint opening.

get rid of your mufflers if you want a loud idle trust me!

every morning that week i woke everyone up in my house when i left, i would come home around mid night and wake everyone up...

Ok I don't think he wants it obnoxious. Headers should do the trick. They made my car quite a bit louder and deeper at idle.

What is this world coming to when people post in the "Performance" section about putting on headers to make their car idle louder... sheesh.

Wow, without a resinator im suprised its that quiet @ idle... i have stock exhaust (headers/ypipe/mufflers) and deleted res. and its pretty loud @ idle. definantly can tell the cars on... i guess the next suggestion would be 1) headers, or 2) different mufflers :shrug:

this might help a little. get an xcal 2 and a tune from warmonger and have the idle rpms raised a bit a few hundred or so..should make a slight differnece. and yeah also headers should do the trick.

Hmm... i think you should just leave the exhaust setup you have. if you want it louder at idle rev it up a little bit :laugh: don't be obnoxous to other drivers! :blackeye:

Back