• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

morette

Well if I ever find the money to buy the Hella 90mm I will have a bracket and new lense for everyone. However I don't have $200 to drop on the 90mm projectors as of right now...

The idea is there. Just need the money for projectors now. I promise you guys this though... The projectors lenses and brackets I've designed up will be ready in time for Christmas because I can't look at the prototype lense in my garage any longer with out projectors sitting behind it.

PROTOTYPE

Good to know those headlights are being put to good use :D

Last edited:
try other projector variations, the 90mm IMO is just too old and not up there anymore as the new ZKW lens' are..

try other projector variations, the 90mm IMO is just too old and not up there anymore as the new ZKW lens' are..

Care to expand on that? I've never heard of these ZKW projectors. Are they completely sealed like the 90mm so they can be open to the elements?

No. Google ZKW or whatever. I looked last night after reading that and they are Audi projectors. The must be enclosed in a headlight, as they are not sealed units.

Are there any other sealed "stand alone" projectors besides the Hella units? I hadnt heard that they are weak HID projectors. Anyone have any shots of the beam pattern with HIDs in them? With modified or unmodified sheilds?

There are no 'sealed' use lights like the hellas. they are the only company that does them.

And dont let goonz fool you guys. The ZKW projectors are not all that great, the lense from them must be canablized and swapped into a different projector.... THEN you will get THE BEST output.... ever.

There are no 'sealed' use lights like the hellas. they are the only company that does them.

That's what I thought. For what I'm trying to do the Hella 90mm are my only option.

KingpinSVT said:
Anyone have any shots of the beam pattern with HIDs in them? With modified or unmodified sheilds?

As for the beam pattern I thought I remember Milan posting about it at some point a long time ago. I'd have to search the old forums. As I couldn't find a pic on my computer

Milan did a modified shield, it looked ok. I dont believe it had the distance, spread or quality of a dedicated HID projector. It did have the pimp factor tho!

You can see his lights on the automotive lighting FAQ page

Can we just get ones that say for off road use only. I am sick of waiting... Seems like as long as I have had a contour this has been going. By the time they make um nobody is gonna by them hardly.

everyone going to sema please visit the morette usa booth and ask about the contour morettes. check out the poster too!

everyone going to sema please visit the morette usa booth and ask about the contour morettes. check out the poster too!

Ask what? If there's a chance that they'll actually come out? I think CEG has asked enough questions about the lights. :crazy:

Mark

If they have the Contour Morettes on display... make sure you have fast hands and even faster legs. Someone to cause a distraction might also help you.

Hmm... we were thinking the same thing, right? :laugh:

Back