• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rialknight signing off CEG

How can people that can't drive a manual transmission be allowed to post here??? It should be part of the screening process for newbs.

BTW, we just sold our 95 GL Contour. Zetec, crank windows, manual locks, 5-speed. We bought it with around 100K and it left us with 157K. It had a few problems, but we fixed them, because that's what car enthusiasts do when problems arise. Got parts cheap from various sources (Bill Jenkins, etc) and did most of the work ourselves (and help from other CEGers). I was actually sad to see it go, but I'd have to say that we upgraded. I don't feel like we deserted the Contour though since the MS6 wouldn't be what it is without the Contour.

I'd have to say you are not a car enthusiast based on the following assumptions: You couldn't fix your Contour. You bought a POS (which makes me wonder what you will do when the starts to crap out). You can't drive a manual tranny.

ehh, I guess I will actually post this........

What? Their all over the place. Not sell well? I dont think so!!!!

they are all over because they are all base models that have been beaten to crap and back and are so cheap that just about anyone can buy them, its definately taking the tempos place for a cheap car .... :cry:

yeah Mike be a rebel and post away :laugh:

You don't know how many times I've typed out a huge reply (almost as long as a JSmith reply), but then I say fugg it and never actually post. Some people have internet egos, while I think I'm an internet wuss.

You know what I was thinking when I read your post about him smacking your trunk.......GET HIM!!!

The worst one for me was luckily not my car. When I was driving limos, I was in stop and go traffic where 2 lanes merged into one, and you're supposed to weave the 2 lanes together. Well, some redneck in a pickup decided he didn't want to let a 30 ft car in and got pissed off. He dumped a full large Dunkin Donuts coffee on the hood of the Limo!! I couldn't believe it, but I'm glad it wasn't my car, otherwise I'd be typing this post from the internet Cafe at the County prison.

Last edited:
lol you're a bastid for saying that!
I think you mean to say that DRIVING enthusiasts should be required to learn stick, not car enthusiasts. :p
don't make fun of my Cougar you turd!

Huh? Driving enthusiast = Car enthusiast.

At least you can drive a manual, and you're a girl!!!!

Thank you for making me some money. I called Vegas and put money on someone making a comment about that! I'm rich!

"I could---But No, at SZ...many of the folks I talked to ( saying no names--you know who you are ) were ranther pissed off that there were non-SVT's contours at SZ, and the overall feeling amon most was...."CEG & SZ is for SVT contours only"."

Hmm...

I didn't get that feeling at all (I was there with my Mystique).

Why? They should teach it in drivers ed.

I agree, Mike. But no school in the world is gonna fork out $$$$$ just to let some dumb a$$ kid blow up the tranny learning to drive on it. Many schools are cutting art/music programs due to funding issues. Cars cost alot more than instruments and art suupplies. More's the pity. :nonono:

I generally don't read these "farewell" threads as they usually deteriorate into a "because my car was a POS" sob story, kind of like this one. And then to reveal what the replacement car is going to be, in this case, was pretty much only to flame bait. Congratulations! You succeeded. :rolleyes: The only reason I read this one is that I noticed that there were (to me) an abnormal amount of posts in it. In as much as this is an ENTHUSIAST site, if you're not enthusiastic about your Contour any more, by all means, get something else. If you weren't happy with it, we don't need to hear about it. There's nothing you're going to say that we all haven't heard before. :idea: If you do choose to ignore this request, don't be surprised or hurt by the responses you'll receive. You're just bringing it on yourself. All IMHO.
Karl

Why? They should teach it in drivers ed.

yeah, but it gives the people that can drive them that many more cars to choose from that "normal" people can't....so hopefully there are some deals out there that someone can find that isn't snatched up

True, the 5 speeds sell slower, at least in Domestic cars. Although, many people, numerous at CEG, really want the MTX. I learned stick after getting my license, and taught my sister how. She still likes her '95 MTX Duratec Mystique, has had it 10 years. It was a bargain at the time, because it wasn't auto.

Back