• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

looking at buying one of the svt's got a question

That's ok... I was under the impression that you were saying to ONLY replace the diff if it goes out.

I thought we were on different planets, I guess :blackeye:

Hell no - that would be silly - could you imagine pressing off old bearings on a blown diff and pressing them onto your new $600+ diff? Were talking like 20 bucks for Timken bearings and races!

I believe you can find a piece of coal out there that has a nice jewl under that dirt. I picked my 99csvt up from a farmer in Oh. that pulled it from a ditch and left it in his barn for two years. Sure it still needs more body work and some small stuff as well, but I resurrected (OCT.'06) it and now she pays me back everyday (79k currently.) If you find one with trans prob. (cracked bell housing, case, etc.) get one from BAT and send it to HMS Inc. in Rockford, Mi and get the works ($2.4k- Roller bearings, keyed turret and a Quaife diff) coated cogs are not neccisary unless you are lightening the flywheel with aluminum (you will hear roll over from the trans.) Most Ceger's are helpful so don't hesitate to ask a dumb question, someone will let you know that dumb just needs to read and to be informed a little further.:eek: dub

i am not looking to nascar one of these cars lol i just want a relable nice little car.. im not into the whole raceing scene an wat not.. as u can see by my name on here an my truck i am a cruiser.. lol this car would prolly see mainly highways n get pushed to 75 tops

Back