• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: 3rd Heatsheild group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
when's the first shipment going to be?

when do you want $ and where do we send the $ order to.
more reading!:
Up to 12, very nice! Im going to give the shop a call this weekend and talk some numbers. Why dont I have the Cutoff set at.... the 30th? If you are not on the list by then you dont get one! :). from there it takes a couple of weeks to get them done (small shop, lots of work). then they ship.
paypal / mo. if necessary will be sent to me. Ill take deposits starting the 30th, and will need full payment once the sheilds are done, which I will notify all the people here as the time varies.

will it work with Mercury cougar K&N short ram intake

According to bensenvill it did not fit his cougar, if this is a contour then its probably the same as any other maf adaptor and should fit.... but I cant be certain.

F it ill get it any way its still better than the one that comes with the intake. yes its for a contour w/ the K&N intake .

1. KyleQ
2. hotdimmes
3. Codypka
4. Beany boy (local pick up 55)
5. Tabari
6. Schattastic SVT
7. Brent372
8. SVT3C (most likely local pick up)
9. pimpdcontour
10. Blast47
11. SVT_CT
12. Icefury13. theSCHAFF
13. LilCe98
14. Dr. Cross
15. HolyRollerzC3
16. Excel4600c

And where do i get the K&n adapter never even heard of one?

Last edited:
This maybe a repetitive question but i just wanted to clarify......will this ONLY work with a MAF+K&N setup? Will it work with a kkm or any other short ram setup?

I have the KKM adaptor.... Which I believe is the largest set up of all the maf adaptors, so they should all work.

PUD, can I ask you, would it be possible to put some sort of rubber insulation around the top edges to act somewhat like a gasket? When I had the mystique I wondered if that helped make a difference at all.

fer christ's sake, nobody could fix my name!? :laugh: (my bad, durrr)

1. KyleQ
2. hotdimmes
3. Codypka
5. Tabari
6. Schattastic SVT
7. Brent372
9. pimpdcontour
10. Blast47
11. SVT_CT
12. Icefury
13. theSCHAFF
14. LilCe98
15. Dr. Cross
16. HolyRollerzC3
17. Excel4600c

PUD, can I ask you, would it be possible to put some sort of rubber insulation around the top edges to act somewhat like a gasket? When I had the mystique I wondered if that helped make a difference at all.
On my Pud shield, I got the optional trim.. which does add some stability to the pipe insulation I have around its perimeter. I also have 1/2" (or 3/4" -- can't remember) thick window insulation on my hood to mate with the pipe insulation. With the compression of both insulation types, I know I have a perfect seal :)

Just to add... the quality of the shield, as well as the aluminum is top notch. Even after driving around in the heat, the shield is much cooler than I'd think it would be. In the winter, my shield was freezing cold, while everything else in the bay was very hot. My rubbermaid shield (which most people seem to use), kept some heat out, but was still hot to the touch.

This is definitely on my top 3 mods list for under $100.

Of course it feels cooler than a rubbermaid heathsield. It's absorbing heat from your hand as an endothermic process much better than plastic. (man, I hope that's right, it's about all I can remember from my chem classes)

The real test is the temperature of the air next to the intake vs a rubbermaid heatshield.

On my Pud shield, I got the optional trim.. which does add some stability to the pipe insulation I have around its perimeter. I also have 1/2" (or 3/4" -- can't remember) thick window insulation on my hood to mate with the pipe insulation. With the compression of both insulation types, I know I have a perfect seal :)

Just to add... the quality of the shield, as well as the aluminum is top notch. Even after driving around in the heat, the shield is much cooler than I'd think it would be. In the winter, my shield was freezing cold, while everything else in the bay was very hot. My rubbermaid shield (which most people seem to use), kept some heat out, but was still hot to the touch.

This is definitely on my top 3 mods list for under $100.

I appreciate the kind words! I myself was shocked at the difference in temps as well as the fact that you could touch the box while the rest of the bay was warm!

Of course it feels cooler than a rubbermaid heathsield. It's absorbing heat from your hand as an endothermic process much better than plastic. (man, I hope that's right, it's about all I can remember from my chem classes)

The real test is the temperature of the air next to the intake vs a rubbermaid heatshield.

I use my carefully calibrated Hand :). there is a noticeble difference on either side of the box after driving around. Ill try and get a laser thermo. on it sometime soon and see what she shows as the difference.

Finally made up my mind, I'm in! So on the 30th is when you are going to start taking payments?

1. KyleQ
2. hotdimmes
3. Codypka
5. Tabari
6. Schattastic SVT
7. Brent372
9. pimpdcontour
10. Blast47
11. SVT_CT
12. Icefury
13. theSCHAFF
14. LilCe98
15. Dr. Cross
16. HolyRollerzC3
17. Excel4600c
18. CSVT2200

I appreciate the kind words! I myself was shocked at the difference in temps as well as the fact that you could touch the box while the rest of the bay was warm!

I use my carefully calibrated Hand :). there is a noticeble difference on either side of the box after driving around. Ill try and get a laser thermo. on it sometime soon and see what she shows as the difference.

np :)

I think the thickness and alloy type is a big factor in it's effectiveness. The AL shield I got for my wifes Intrepid is warm to the touch (even in the winter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back