• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ08 Open track

SZ08 Open track

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
We need to know how many people are going to run. So if you are planning to run we need to know so we can get a price for the whole day.

We are trying to make a full thursday event open track and hopefully can get it under $100 per person for the whole day. obviously this other option isn't Gingerman. it would be a full day of open track. Also we are looking into being able to provide ride alongs for the CEG'rs who haven't been on the track or have little on track time soo we don't have stupid stuff happening.

So vote in the Poll are you going to run at SZ08 open track?

If you get it for the whole day, I'm in.

I would suggest trying to get some instructors too. I can help a little with lining them up if you need since we have several in my local SVTOA chapter. Having instructors will make the day more beneficial and worthwhile I would think, especially after all the comments I was hearing and actions I was observing from those that had never been on a road course before.

Ya we are looking at having it in detroit area at one of the tracks. Trying to get prices/how many people are going to run.

We are talking about making Newbies atleast having to ride along with some of us veterans of open track first or us ride with them to atleast make it safer for everyone involved

What I have heard that works well is having the newbies ride with an instructor before they drive on the track themselves. Thats what the TCCA did at Gman and I liked it as a newbie at that track.

I'm in if I still have a Contour, or one that works at least:blackeye: . I am assuming your trying Waterford. Personaly I think that would be a great option, than maybe have SZ in Utica and the show and shine banquet at k2k. Skip Canton, Canton blows. Just my .02 :shrug:

For a whole track day $150 would be a great deal... especially with a limited number of people.

Can you say... "Bring an extra set of brake pads"?

As it sits right now we are looking at 150(may go up or down a few dollars) for about 20 people for the whole day. It would start at 8:30 for driver meeting I would assume on Thursday.

The more people we get the cheaper it would be.

Back