• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
ok my 99csvt it 40 miles from hitting 100,000 miles. it dosnt burnt nor leak any oil at all. it runs perfict its amazing, or so i think. im just wondering is it normal to not burn nor leak any oil at that milege

yes, mine was fine until at 170K miles. Then a leak started and it is shooting oil onto the ypipe and altinator. grrr.

yes, mine was fine until at 170K miles. Then a leak started and it is shooting oil onto the ypipe and altinator. grrr.

hmmm ... I have oil leaking down onto the alternator and then the subframe/y-pipe area ... crap ... only 86k... but it only started after I went to Mobil 1 so there must have been an issue already ... I hope it is just the valve cover ...

ok my 99csvt it 40 miles from hitting 100,000 miles. it dosnt burnt nor leak any oil at all. it runs perfict its amazing, or so i think. im just wondering is it normal to not burn nor leak any oil at that milege

I've got 210,000 on mine, and it doesn't leak a drop and with oil change intervals of 3,000 miles, the oil is always still at the "full" mark on the dipstick even after 3,000 miles.

Not - that's not normal, you should take it to your mechanic to have that fixed right away

Mine started leaking after my waterpump died and been more or less the same ever since (99000 miles now) - not sure if the overheating cooked seals or slightly warped a head but I'll go through a couple of quarts in 3000 miles. Underside is a mess lol

10.5 years, 98K miles and not leaking nor burning oil (yet)........
...... except for the one time that the oil filter was on screwed on tight enough.

hmmm ... I have oil leaking down onto the alternator and then the subframe/y-pipe area ... crap ... only 86k... but it only started after I went to Mobil 1 so there must have been an issue already ... I hope it is just the valve cover ...

Check the plug. Make sure it is nice & snug. Check the crush washer on it. Might be time to buy a new plug & washer at Auto zone. Big bucks, like $5. I had an oil change done years ago 'cause I didn't have time to do it myself. Two weeks later (thinking all was well) I towed a large camper trailer down to the keys. On the way back I discovered I had only about 2 qts of oil in my engine. Engine froze up while I was in a drive thru to get dinner for the family. Stupid grease monkeys didn't tighten the plug properly.

If you're getting fluid in the alternator area, your problem is more likely a leaking power steering hose or the connector at the resevoir. You should be using Dexron III for the PS, IIRC.

Last edited:

Nope, something is wrong. It should be burning a quart every 100 miles.

Im kidding, I dont know why you would be worried if it is running great and not burning or leaking oil. THis means the car has been well maintained. I WOULD be worried if it were burning oil.

Its not very common for the Zetec or the Duratec to use oil in their age.

Back