• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock SVT ride quality vs. Mystique LS V6?

FavoriteMystaque

Hard-core CEG'er
How hard is the ride on a CSVT (stock) vs a Tour SE V6 or a Mystique LS V6 like mine? I am curious, an SVT is for sale in my area:drool:

It is very nearly the same. The SVT uses the same springs as a manual trans V6 Contique which is only marginally firmer than the auto trans car. The E1 and newer SVT has marginally firmer front struts.

Both my cars have the same struts (koni), the springs are a little diff (H&R, B&G stique). The SVT rides softer then my stique does. The stique is really really stiff.

lets put it this way, the CSVT is commonly reffered to as the "poor mans BMW" which basicaly means the perfect mix of fun and comfort all rolled into one ball.

The ONLY reason people around here dont like the CSVT seats is becaue they dont hug you like pre98 leather seats do. I drove a couple of CSVTs in my day, and I loved them both to death. Handled like a proper car, and the seats cradled you even on the harshest of bumps.

I do remember the older (SE)Tours had more seat bolstering. Since I have some "extra width", the SVT seats would probably be fine:)

Mystique w/Koni H&R

Mystique w/Koni H&R

I got the Koni yellows, tightened them up along with the H&R lowering springs and she is TIGHT.

AJ usa for the KONI's and ebay for the spings, installed by Red Line here in TOronto.

Fantasitc ride, some kidney damage after prolonged driving !

Everyone is talking about ride quality but you can't really compare on a used car. The ride quality is going to differ so much from car to car, stock or not. Mileage is the biggest factor and unless all parts of the suspension are good, what you might think rides rough, might just need some new parts. My .02

That being said, a stock SVT vs. stock Contique SE/LS is not far off from each other. SVT being maybe just a tad bit rougher.

The cloth seats in my sister's 1995 Mystique GS have less bolstering than my leather seats in my 1998 LS. Base model vs. "loaded"..Her car has the 5-speed though.

Back