• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Air Bag Light

Hello all, I've had my CSVT for a whopping 3 weeks now, and have had a few problems from day one. I'm sure due to neglect from the previous owner, but non the less, my issues now. I've had issues with P0171 and P0174, attributed to a leaking intake gasket set, and doubled by a bad MAF. I had the manifold gaskets fixed, and put a rebuilt MAF on, to no avail. I now have a brand new Cordone that I am going to put on the acr, hopefull this solves the issue of lack of power and hesitation along with rough idle. It seems to run perfect when cold, but gets worse the warmer the engine gets.
Anyways, that isn't totally what I'm looking for help on. I'm hoping for some help on somehting different. My Air Bag Light keeps coming on, not always, but every now and then. It seems to be flashing in sequence, giving a code "44" in its flash. (4 flashes, shprt pause, 4 flashes, long pause, then repeat) Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea what it might be? Opinions and info appreciated greatly here, I don't want to get turned off my new car already! (I have a 96 Probe GT waiting in the wings if this one causes too much trouble!)
:shrug:

Thanks Tony, I'll look into the connection to the sensor. My searches didn't seem to find any results with "Air Bag Light"...lol I'll let reply after I put the new MAF in and hope it cures my running problems! The rebuilt I tried ran good for a day, 300kms.... Then back on with the light and running issues. I should know more tomorrow on that. Any more tips or advice will still be appreciated!

Get the CEL codes read or scanned again and post the exact codes. If you are paying to get it read, then have them do a real time scan (probably 50 CD more) and you will have more data to post.

I know I know, I've read the posts, I should know better than to post a CEL issue without all the codes! lol I'm posting a new thread with my current issues, I seem to have fixed the airbag light, loose connection on the front driver's side sensor. Thanks guys, look for the new thread, it may have you intrigued! lol

Back