• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jet Chip

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
What is everyones oppinions about the JET Chip for the CSVT? what are the possilbe gains from it on a mildly tunned engine?

any feedback on this would be great

Alex

wow you paid alot of money for a dyno tune... i got a buddy of mine does dyno tunes for 200... 100 if you do the tuning yourself... that buys you an hour on the dyno

so does everyone think that the xcal2 is the way to go? what kind of benifits could i see from that?

Xcal2 FTW depending on what mods you have done to your car will depend on the tune..Simple intake, header back exhaust you will see a good improvement with a good tune.
My .02 cents is buy the Xcal2 with a tune from Warmonger..My buddy just actually did this and cant wait.

Do you still need to get your car on a dyno if you buy the Xcal2 or will that allow you to tune it yourself? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I can't say I know much about tuning...in fact I was just killing time searching through the forums and came across this post which caught my interest.

wow you paid alot of money for a dyno tune... i got a buddy of mine does dyno tunes for 200... 100 if you do the tuning yourself... that buys you an hour on the dyno

Well, you get what you pay for I suppose. You have your buddy, I have the guy that created the SCT software.

why throw money out the window? next time, donate it, it will give you a better feeling then that jet chip!!

-just so everyone knows, search, and i asked about different chips many times, and always got told to not waste my money, xcal2 FTW

Do you still need to get your car on a dyno if you buy the Xcal2 or will that allow you to tune it yourself? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I can't say I know much about tuning...in fact I was just killing time searching through the forums and came across this post which caught my interest.

well if you want to tune it yourself you need the PRP and thats an additional $600 over the Xcal2 if the price hasn't gone up.

once you have a tune you will want to data log, either on a dyno or the road so that the tune can be fine tuned ...

Back