• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Performance Driving Clinic

lauraq

CEG'er
We just want to invite all of you to our 7th Annual Performance Driving Clinic. We are heading to the Dunnville Autdrome on July 27-29, 2007. Full details are posted at www.svtoaontrack.ca Always a great time and a great learning experience. Join us. Tell your friends too, yes even those ones who don't drive a Ford, everyone is welcome.

come on Aaron...you know you wanna....

come on out folks it is an absolute blast. drive your cars like they were meant to be driven!!!! drive it like you stole it baby!!

you can always come on out and take a ride in my 'tour!!! full race harnesses, race seats and a six point roll cage make for a stiff, fast ride!!!

look forward to seeing more 'tours out on track.

cheers

Fern

come on Aaron...you know you wanna....

come on out folks it is an absolute blast. drive your cars like they were meant to be driven!!!! drive it like you stole it baby!!

you can always come on out and take a ride in my 'tour!!! full race harnesses, race seats and a six point roll cage make for a stiff, fast ride!!!

look forward to seeing more 'tours out on track.

cheers

Fern

Hey Fern...who did your cage? How are your front a-arms and strut mounts holding up? It's amazing what you will start breaking.

I should be there for at least one day. Just need to figure out what I put out on my suspension the other weekend. A good alignment can do wonders for how far you can push the car (esp when the shop knows the car inside and out) but now I'm already starting to want to upgrade things for durability.

TAG racecraft in Oakville did it. So far (fingers crossed) no issues. Just keep cracking rotors from the intense heat of the new pads i am using.

Gingerman and Dunnville are back to back....i just hope everything holds up for those two weeks!!

Fern

TAG racecraft in Oakville did it. So far (fingers crossed) no issues. Just keep cracking rotors from the intense heat of the new pads i am using.

Gingerman and Dunnville are back to back....i just hope everything holds up for those two weeks!!

Fern

What specs did they build it to?

As for the rotors did you go with the 0.81" or the 1.10" rotor thickness? When I was looking at the TCE kits myself I went right past the 0.81" rotor since even though they measure 13" in diameter, they are actually thinner than the stock rotors! Knowing how you and I drive these cars you'd want the biggest heatsink as possible.

aaron you have to at least come on out. I'll give you some laps in the passenger seat for sure.

Evan, i went with the .81 rotors due to cost, weight, need for spacers and the fact that i have rubbing issues at some tracks due to the speeds i take corners. yes, even with coilovers i am getting enough compression of the suspension to cause rubbing, front and back. The AVon tech r a tires are quite wide and tall. The pads stood up to Sebring (195 kph down the back straight and then hard on the brakes) with absolutely NO FADE!!!!!

Best part of a stiffened car is having people at Summit POint come up to me and say how much fun it was to watch me take an off camber turn with the right front wheel off the ground. Awesome...

Fern

I am up in the air here between Gingerman and Dunnville since they are on back to back weekends.

Looks like I need to be a Track Dawg and join Fern for both :).

What is Dunnville like anyway? I have yet to try the track out. Looks like I need to get myself some r tires soon. Fern - you happy with yours?

Back