• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well im F**k'd.....

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
so ive had my car on the road (i bought it and it sat for like 3 weeks) for about a month now, and ive had a bunch of small problems...

anyways, wake up this morning fire up the car and i get a decently loud knock from the engine.... S**T! so i drive it around for a little bit and it quieted down a bit, then the CEL started flasheding so i took it to jiffy lube to have the codes checked because the few shops in my town are not open on sundays, and i got 3 codes.

PO304 cylinder 4 misfire
P1151 air fuel mixture issue or something
PO153 bad 02 sensor.

and on top of this the oil was 2 quarts low... and the previous owner of my car said the oil was changed right before the car was sold to me, the low bay said there was a tiny leak but nothing to lose quarts of oil from so..... im pretty much screwed, the engine is knocked bad now, so i parked it and im going to try to figure out where to go now.

Air/Fuel mixture isn't that bad, and the O2 sensor is a joke-- My car has the CEL light on for the O2's, not a big deal... CEL's go on for those all the time lol, I just ignore it usually--

The cylinder misfire might be some trouble though, good luck

..... i get a decently loud knock from the engine................then the CEL started flasheding so i took it to jiffy lube to have the codes checked because the few shops in my town are not open on sundays, and i got 3 codes.

PO304 cylinder 4 misfire
P1151 air fuel mixture issue or something
PO153 bad 02 sensor.

and on top of this the oil was 2 quarts low...........

The CELs are not a big deal. Your big problem is the engine knock due to 2 quarts low. You are looking at a new/rebuilt engine.

yes... put the car in reverse, and drive backwards for exactly the amount of miles you have placed on the car with low oil.

:D

Other than that... no.. you are not able to reverse physical damage with *any* kind of snake-oil odd-ins, pour-ins, or additives.

go to the 3L forum and read each and every stickied (pinned) thread at the top. the FAQ's, the "read-me first" threads, the how-tos.. everything.

If you read them all, you will have EVERYTHING you need to know.

Back