• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A/C Recharge port?

hova15

CEG'er
Hey i just bought a A/C charge kit from walmart. Does anyone know where the port to plug it into is?

Hey i just bought a A/C charge kit from walmart. Does anyone know where the port to plug it into is?

yes return it to wal-mart and save up to get a shop to fix the problem ...

IF YOU NEED TO ADD REFRIDGERANT TO THE SYSTEM THEN YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE A LEAK AND CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT JUST FILL THE SYSTEM. YOU NEED TO DIOGNOSE THE SYSTEM AND TEST THE SYSTEM.

FURTHUR MORE IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT THERE ARE TWO PORTS IN THE A/C SYSTEM LET ALONE DON'T KNOW WHERE THE PROPER PORT TO FILL THE SYSTEM IS DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF. PLEASE TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO A SHOP OR RESEARCH AND LEARN WHAT IT TAKES TO RECHARGE THE A/C SYSTEM.

PLEASE SEARCH FOR TOPICS ON THE A/C SYSTEM.

What is the symptom? If no cooling at all, you will need more refrigerant than came in the kit. Likely, you have a leaky accumulator, a shop-replaceable part right next to the condenser, which is the "radiator" for the A/C.

idk it was filled over a year ago and there was no leak then so maybe there is a leak now. thanks for the info. Whats the worse that will happen if i fill it and there is aleak?

idk it was filled over a year ago and there was no leak then so maybe there is a leak now. thanks for the info. Whats the worse that will happen if i fill it and there is aleak?

one it will leak out and harm the environment
two the system will not work as good as it could
three your kit doesn't have the proper guages you could over/under fill the system and cause a problem, ie make it not work right or as good as it could

A/C Clutch gap

A/C Clutch gap

Look for the link 9 posts down or here. I had that problem on my sister's Mystique and my old Dodge Lancer. Symptom is the A/C works and quits as you drive a while, works again later. Might hear a squeal when the system is under pressure, like in traffic jam. Sounds almost like a belt slip, even if belt is tight.

Back