• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone use Speedbleeder

Browsing on the internet I came across this site http://www.speedbleeder.com/. Has anyone used this before? Does it look like a good idea? BTW I am in no way related to this site. I just want some expert advice. TIA.

People in SHO land used them here and there. Sure does make bleeding the brakes that much easier. No more running back and forth from the pedal to the bleeder screw.

They're awsome. Thanks for reminding me that I need to order some. $32 bucks shipped. Will be nice being able to do it myself. Eurotour always falls asleep at the wheel when I do mine.

Last edited:
Yeah, needs less 2:30 in the morning brake jobs! Todd : "Are you sure we can't just grind a little? Your neighbors won't wake up. It'll only take about 5 mins and it won't be THAT loud" LMAO!:laugh:

Should I get them?

Should I get them?

So I changed my pads and I haven't bled the system yet coz I have no helper and I don't want to run back and forth. Are you guys saying I should get the speed bleeders then?

i have them too! they are great!

if you have late 98 SVT the front should be SB8125L.. (8x1.25mm) they where way smaller that the ones that were sent.. SB1010.. I'm told the SB1010 are for the older calipers. The rear are all the same for all years.. SB1010S

hope this helps

Last edited:
I was thinking about this too,

would it make sense to only buy one of the speedbleed's, and go around to each of your calipers?

oh front n rear are diff my bad.

if you have late 98 SVT the front should be SB8125L.. (8x1.25mm) they where way smaller that the ones that were send.. SB1010.. I'm told the SB1010 are for the older calipers. The rear are all the same for all years.. SB1010S

hope this helps

Then why are the 95-97 listed as SB1010 for the rear?

So, any conclusion on the sizes/part numbers? seems to be some disagreement on this. I wanna make sure I get the correct ones so I don't have to return them.

if you have late 98 SVT the front should be SB8125L.. (8x1.25mm) they where way smaller that the ones that were sent.. SB1010.. I'm told the SB1010 are for the older calipers. The rear are all the same for all years.. SB1010S

hope this helps

So, these sizes are working well for you? I have to bleed my brakes really soon and I want to get SBs right away.

Luke, any luck with a response from them?

Finally got a response today. Their reply is below:

The size(s) that you need for your application is as follows:

Front....SB8125L
Rear.....SB1010

When you order Speed Bleeder consider ordering the "Bleeder / Bag Combo". It will make bleeding your brakes even easier. It consists of a 30 inch length of silicone tubing that is specifically sized to the Speed Bleeders and a bleeder bag that looks like an IV bag that is used in hospitals. Attach one end of the hose to the Speed Bleeder nipple and the other end to the bleeder bag. Open the Speed Bleeder 1/4 turn and proceed to bleed your caliper or wheel cylinder. The fluid will be contained in the bleeder bag and eliminates any unnecessary mess.
Speed Bleeder can be ordered at http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com

Thanks
Michael Sulwer

Last edited:
Back