• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Take a guess at what awarding im going for at SZ08

time to find a new job. i delivered subs and made an average of $150 a night. crazy good money. dumped a lot of it into the svt and still had enough left over to cover me for a good first year of college.

I also live in michigan

Well, at age 16, i had bought my own CSVT and was working and making an average of $50 cash a night with $5 an hour on top of that. After the first car was rear ended and totaled, i bought a second CSVT (Still age 16) with a small loan from my parents which is almost paid off.

Im not ripping on you at all, im just proving to you that it is possible to drive a quick car at a young age...I dont think you car is too bad, if you like it, thats all that matters, but next time, go with an SVT :D

I don't see the point in jumping on someones ass who isn't getting as raped as us SVT owners with gas. He doesn't have to buy premium...AND he gets better mileage. :blackeye:

As for the paint, not too bad! Just sand them down a little bit to take out the orange peeling and go at them again. Other than that, it looks good!
thumb.gif

Wow, I just read through this, and didn't know whether to laugh or cry! FUrreal dou AJ, lighten up mang!!

yeah a couple more dollars a fill up sure is getting raped <insert rollieyes>

Because the couple extra dollars every fill up doesnt bother me? As a matter of fact not only is my SVT premo only but so is my daily driver...

I'm glad it doesn't bother you. So when did your ego blow up? When you got the turbo or SZ?

My point was his Zetec can fill up on regular and drive farther than the SVT. In the time he fills up 4 times we've probably filled up 6 or 7 times.

Let's say there's a $.30 difference between premium ($3.36) and regular ($3.06), and both cars put 12 gallons in.

That's $3.60 saved per tank, after 7 tanks, he's already saved $25.20 over us. From the way you're saying "a few dollars" that's not a lot to you, but saved money is saved money.

Apparently gas mileage doesn't matter to you, which is fine and dandy, but it does matter to quite a few of us. So get off your high horse and post something constructive.

Last edited:
My point was his Zetec can fill up on regular and drive farther than the SVT. In the time he fills up 4 times we've probably filled up 6 or 7 times.

Let's say there's a $.30 difference between premium ($3.36) and regular ($3.06), and both cars put 12 gallons in.

That's $3.60 saved per tank, after 7 tanks, he's already saved $25.20 over us. From the way you're saying "a few dollars" that's not a lot to you, but saved money is saved money.

Funny I never noticed a difference betwene my SVT and my Zetec fuel economy wise :shrug:. I get the same mielage on my SVT as I did on my Zetec!

Aaron

Funny I never noticed a difference betwene my SVT and my Zetec fuel economy wise :shrug:. I get the same mielage on my SVT as I did on my Zetec!

Aaron

Only because your svt rolls in cogneto..... Darth vader FTW.

Zetec 2.0L 4 Cylinder 125 hp Gas Engine

4 Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic OD Transmission: 23 / 31
5 Speed Manual OD Transmission: 24 / 34

High Output Duratec 2.5L 6 Cylinder 195 hp Gas Engine

5 Speed Manual OD Transmission: 20 / 29

Immense difference, no; but saved money is saved money.

Zetec 2.0L 4 Cylinder 125 hp Gas Engine

4 Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic OD Transmission: 23 / 31
5 Speed Manual OD Transmission: 24 / 34

High Output Duratec 2.5L 6 Cylinder 195 hp Gas Engine

5 Speed Manual OD Transmission: 20 / 29

Immense difference, no; but saved money is saved money.

you know Pen, I can honestly say those numbers are skewed. I have seen plenty of Duratecs manage 28-31 MPG average city and highway if driven sanely though a whole tank of gas.

I recently just managed 32, and that included mostly highway, but memorial weekend with a hell of a lot of traffic jams. I believe that if it were straight highway I could have pushed 35. But thats iffy.

Either way, normally I only put gas in my car once every week-week and a half.

I'm glad it doesn't bother you. So when did your ego blow up? When you got the turbo or SZ?

Apparently gas mileage doesn't matter to you, which is fine and dandy, but it does matter to quite a few of us. So get off your high horse and post something constructive.

Everyone spends their money differently. I'm sure some of you smoke so theres a few bucks gone here or there. Or else go have a couple drinks with friends or whatever you like to do in your free time. I'm not crying about gas prices because it just limits my drinking habits a little bit.

LOL this thread is hilarious..

Without saying too much:

- I'll reserve judgement when I actually see the pieces in the car
- quoted "$3.60" .. AliasJerk you aren't putting premium in your Zetec are you?
- AliasJerk do what makes you happy .. stop trying to justify to people here your every action since it will only frustrate you further
- Pen-Two you haven't been on long enough to see why people bust RawBurt :p
- Tourige .. does anybody on these forums like you?

Just keep it tasteful. I like everything about the car except the bright red choice. Keep it real.

Just keep it tasteful. I like everything about the car except the bright red choice. Keep it real.

Oh im not going to go wicked overboard (damn how many times have I said that?), although I look at the Spark PLug wire cover and I think to myself "man I shouldnt have painted this." because I think that makes it boarder line.

No, if I paint anything else, its going to be jet black, just to give it a stock yet shiney apperance. I think im going to paint my intake pipe Black when I get it in the mail.

LOL this thread is
- quoted "$3.60" .. AliasJerk you aren't putting premium in your Zetec are you?

no, thats what I paid the other day for regular, Gas was 3.60 a gallon for regular up in midland. nearly 3.90 for the good stuff. primarily because of memorial day weekend, but its not going to go down much after this weekend. its Hovering at 3.50 right now.

Yikes! It was $3.60 for premium in MI just last week. Still "cheap" here, I just filled up for $3.39 for 93.

Back