• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Idle Issue need help.

powerx_32

New CEG'er
Hi All
Got a problem with idle. It so hard that car shackes when i comes to a complete stop. I had my IAC sensor changed last year and now its back. Any i idea of what to clean would he helpfull? TB is clean, new plug and wires. DO u have any diagrams for IAC hosing?
Thanks in advance.

The hosing for the IAC runs directly from the IAC inlet on the UIM to the flexible intake tube. How does the car run while driving, accelerating, etc? When idling in drive the vehicle shakes...when you put it in Neutral or Park, does it get better? If yes, then it sounds like a motor mount.

Hi All
Got a problem with idle. It so hard that car shackes when i comes to a complete stop. I had my IAC sensor changed last year and now its back. Any i idea of what to clean would he helpfull? TB is clean, new plug and wires. DO u have any diagrams for IAC hosing?
Thanks in advance.

The IAC valve hosing goes from the IAC valve area to the accordian tube.
Look at the red tube.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?p=171414#post171414

Last edited:
it may help you

it may help you

ive been having an idle problem with my contour 2.0, what can i say its a ford. ive spent 1100 replacing parts, because of enging codes, at first there was none, but after replacing parts , there was always a new one, i now found out that the air intake is plastic, and where the idle air control valve sits,( under the egr valve) the idiots countersink a rounded nut which you would tighten the IAC valve into, they should have put this nut on the back of intake, instead of the front, but instead you bolt the IAC valve into the face of this nut, what happened to mine was stumbling at idle when air conditioning is on, and when in drive, with AC on, I took the bolts out of the iac valve and noticed that one of these countersink nuts were hanging just a little bit out, so i tapped it back in, when i put the thing back in, it ran the same only worse. i took it back out and the one one nut came out, its not back together just yet but i am 100% sure that that is my problem, if ford would have put these nuts on the otherside of the hole, people like us wouldnt have to spend so much money fixing the darn problem, they would have a better name, and japan wouldnt be taking over the market.
if you still dont get what i mean because i have a hard time explaining,
crap= IAC+BOLTS+NUTS+INTAKE ( the way ford built contour)
good =IAC+BOLTS+INTAKE+NUTS ( the way ford sholud build contour)
i will post this add so this idle problem that many have will be fixed, IVE CRACKED THIS NUT!!!!
SCAVENGER!!!

Back