• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting there!

F5R Cobra

CEG'er
5-20-07005.jpg

"Go-carting", Contour not too happy, kicked to the curb in favor for the Cobra.

5-20-07002.jpg

5-20-07001.jpg

I'm really going to hate to put the body on and cover up the engine!

5-20-07003.jpg

Getting there, time to wire it and get the body on!

Pat

i am in awe! one day i will build a F5 type 65 coupe, one day.

looks great! that t-5 probably won't last too long though... if you are thinking about a tko, let me know and i'll hook you up!

My buddy and his dad used to have the classic Blue/White stripe...

His dad is a huge enthusiast of any car (currently owns: Porsche GT3, Subaru STI, 350Z, Ford Lightning, Corvette '65 and '05 Supercharged and a Lexus SUV for the mom and a Noble GTO-3R) used to have the Blue/White scheme... I think it's the most classic to see... But obviously do what you want to your own appeal... I personally think any car of that class would do right with any color

That green would be sweet . If it were mine (which it's obviously not) , I'd lose the stripes & go full green .

Check out my friend's ERA Cobra . It's a 289 comp car done up in a sweet silver (of course pics don't do it justice) - by far the nicest I've seen in person :drool: , plus I get to drive it :) ! Hi-po 289 , 5-speed , jag rear , pipes out the back like original ... it's a great/easy car to drive comfortably . He wanted to be different & do a 289 .

very nice...I wish my dad would bite the bullet & build one of these.

The BRG would be great...no stripes tho. I want to hear a sound clip!

Sweet 289 Comp Cobra!!!!

Sweet 289 Comp Cobra!!!!

69404132pnpLOe_fs.jpg

ERA builds nice cars, very period correct. I love the 289 FIA car they build but It was out of my price range (plus there is a waiting list). Factory Five's can be built on the cheap using donor parts or like mine using all new parts. Too bad Factory Five has not built a FIA/slab side Cobra kit.

Back