• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

354 miles

my last tank when I filled up that morning was about the same, hit 31 mpg coming through PA during the night ....

They do pretty well on the highway. Returnless cars witht he larger tanks and do up to 400 to a tank if driven like a granny.

Well done. I've been averaging 28 - 29 mpg combined city/highway which gives over 400 miles per tank but I always fill it when the needle gets down to a quarter full. Just to show how far off the gas gauge is, the miles on the trip odometer are usually far less than 300 but I never want to take a chance on running out. :crazy:
Karl

These excursions into the E-zone are definitely fun, but remember they're hard on your fuel pump! Mine died at about 150,000.

These excursions into the E-zone are definitely fun, but remember they're hard on your fuel pump! Mine died at about 150,000.
I mentioned that idea on a post titled something like "how many miles can you go after the low fuel light comes on" and was assured without question that it isn't bad for the pump! I didn't believe it though and continue to fill before the light comes on. :cool:
Karl

Umm it's not rocket science. The pump uses petrol to cool itself. You tell me that it won't have a shorter life driving around low on gas. Never understand ppl that don't fill up. No point in it.

And I forgot too........having a girl drive your car helps gas mileage too. :laugh:

I drive too hard I guess. :shrug: :crazy:

I have been the only one to drive my car for quite a few years now.... it would be wierd seeing someone else driving it.

That's awesome. They are great on the highway.
I was getting 385 miles to the gallon last time she drove properly. I loved that because I could have a car full of stuff to haul back to school and I could still get really decent mileage.
Ohhh Bessie, I miss you.

ya on the way home from SZ i got 270 miles and i refilled with 10 gallons. i guess 27 mpg is ok. my cats are really clogged and i need to clean my UIM and LIM soon.

Umm it's not rocket science. The pump uses petrol to cool itself. You tell me that it won't have a shorter life driving around low on gas. Never understand ppl that don't fill up. No point in it.

I find plenty of reason when the price of gas goes up 10 cents on a weekend.

Hooray good gas mileage. Oh... and beer. BTW I was easily getting over 30 mpg highway when the vortech sc was in the car. Significantly less around town though. Did any other forced induction cars get returns like mine?

You're still going to need the same amount of gas to get to where you need to go.:help:

What? Sorry dude, I don't need a full tank of gas to get me where I am going.
If I fill up at 112.9/litre, I am spending more money than if I fill up at 102.9/litre. Cmon man its simple math.

Back