• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need to rant...

Reebs

meester super sleuth
So many people shouldn't be allowed to drive on the road. As most of you know, my entire SVT had a brand new $5,000 paint job with a custom off shoot color of T Red. I bought a brand new front bumper and side skirts as well. Today some lady nailed my parked SVT! My car hasn't even been on the road for more than a few weeks since the paint. She cracked my grill with my Stazi mesh in it, along with cracking a mounting tab on my custom projector headlights. I still have to check for damage to my Intercooler and turbo piping. Now my hood doesn't line up because when the bumper got hit it pulled the fenders slightly out of wack. Now I have to be without a car and try to get all this crap figured out. I only got to drive my 3L turbo for 3 days and this happened! I just put collision on my SVT the day before this happened, but then I have to pay my deductible and insurance companies will only pay to replace everything as an original SVT. So I get one new regular headlight and a stock grill... Yippe! I am going to make them buy me a new bumper because I had a brand new bumper on when this happened. I don't want my bumper fixed, they owe me a new one.

I have seen people hit cars in parking lots and not even know they are hitting a car. I have seen people swing their doors open full speed and hit other cars doors way to often. It just pisses me off that drivers are to careless to give a **** about others cars.

This just put a real bummer on my day and so I had to rant... thanks for listening!

Here is what she looked like before the accident, and also before the front mount intercooler :) ...

JeffSVT048.jpg

I still have to take some pics of this incident.

Reebs, that totally stinks. At least you know who did it. A buddy of mine out this way, 1BadSVT, has had a few hit & runs happen to his. I agree, dumb people shouldn't drive. Hope you get all your stuff sorted out. BTW, there is a 98 in a junkyard by me, let me know if you can't find anything.

A good friend of mine is always ranting about his dislike of insurance companies, chiefly because they don't care about cars -- aftermarket parts instead of original equipment, etc. I feel for you -- damage to the car is no good anytime; worse when you've just finished doing a ton of work.

FWIW, someone was kind enough to leave me a big spaghetti key scratch on my passenger's door about two years ago. I fixed it out of my own pocket, as it wasn't worth making a claim. Straightened out, the scratch must have been 20 feet, easy. As I mentioned to a friend once, though, I'd rather have it done to me than be the as*hole that did it.

Here's to moving to Montana and owning a few acres of land where none of this malfeasance takes place.

I am sorry for you.

Why you need to go through your OWN insurance plan, while you know who did this to you? You should go with her plan and company. Also, if the insurance gives you a stock OEM SVT grille (make sure SVT) then you are better off because that thing costs $286. I know that because last December I had some dear-slaughtering incident. The adjuster looked the price and pointed out on the estimate for SVT grille only. Regular one's are like $68, and SVT ones (no after market part available to their knowledge) can't be found in junk yard. So I got a very nice SE junk yard part for $25, thanks to Mike, and get the Stazi mesh.

But, it still suck for being hit. I hope your baby fully recovers soon.

MOTHER ****ER!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear that car has the worse luck!

Give me a call if you need a hand with anything on the car.

On the other hand, have you really got into the 3L turbo yet? Or still babying the clutch?

I feel your pain, I too got my Mystique painted and had it out of the body shop three days and some fool pulls out in front of me, couldn't miss him. Now without my car for two weeks. Lucky his insurance has been great to work with. Your car is much nicer than mine and hope it all works out right, and it is good advise to get your insurance involved if things are not going as you want them too. They sometimes will fight for you! Good Luck!

MOTHER ****ER!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear that car has the worse luck!

Give me a call if you need a hand with anything on the car.

On the other hand, have you really got into the 3L turbo yet? Or still babying the clutch?

On the good note, I sure have been able to get on the 3L turbo and it feels awesome!!! It is amazing how much quicker it feels when you can really grab the next gear instead of dropping boost while granny shifting for the new clutch. If it wasn't for the lovely sound of the BOV, I would have threw in the hat when the lady hit my parked car! :mad:

damn jeff, thats some ****ty luck man. It sucks how people are these days. most likely it was a lease car that hit you with a driver who didn't give a sh*t...sorry to hear you can't drive the car for a while and good luck with getting everything fixed and back out on the road.

On the good note, I sure have been able to get on the 3L turbo and it feels awesome!!! It is amazing how much quicker it feels when you can really grab the next gear instead of dropping boost while granny shifting for the new clutch. If it wasn't for the lovely sound of the BOV, I would have threw in the hat when the lady hit my parked car! :mad:

Dont forget to PM me.

I need to get my fix while my car is down.... whens my ride :laugh:

That sucks sorry to hear :cry:

Its a shame that people can't drive and/or park. Honestly I think if you hit someone you should have to redo a HARDER driver's test. Plan and simple. If you hit someone you can't drive, so now you need to take classes that eat up your time and money in order to get your lincense back. It would make people think twice about being a complete asshat.

Back