• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New guy here

SVT2000

CEG'er
Hey what's going on. Recently I came upon a 2000 SVT and found this ole site and figured I'd join up. Here's some pictures of the ole girl. She's no a bad little car, 71k miles, little hail damage but very clean inside and no major dents or dings. Still runs great too. I was told car build #1025. It has the fuel pump issue too so I will be adressing that soon as well a few other little things but other than that I think it's a great start eh? Let me know what you think.
p1178471097585.jpg

p1178471099698.jpg

Don't worry about those tips, they will be off sooner or later, haha.
p1178415000937.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to CEG:cool:! Nice CSVT, Toreador Red (T-Red.) Low miles too. Many CEG'ers have SVTs, I'm not among them ( I have a 1998 Mystique LS with similar Duratec V6.) Looks like a major project back in the garage, what is it?

Nice T-RED!!!

Welcome to CEG use the search function for anything you want to know. Everthing has been done more than once.

Very nice T-red!

I agreee with you, those tips HAVE to go. Or atleast have them cut down at the base and re-weld them on to make them shorter.

thanks for the positive feedback guys. In the garage is my room mates airbagged s-10 project. Hey do any of you guys know where to find sound clips of exhaust systems for these cars?
thanks

thanks for the positive feedback guys. In the garage is my room mates airbagged s-10 project. Hey do any of you guys know where to find sound clips of exhaust systems for these cars?
thanks

Just take everythin off after the main cat. LOL. I fired it up like that when I was replacing the gasket after it. Didn't sound too bad :grin:

Wow... whoever did the exhaust sucks.

However, I wouldn't worry about it until the exhaust needs work. Plenty of other stuff to worry about first!

Car looks good other than that.

Looks like a power wire for an amp on the battery? If they replaced the head unit, the factory amp should be bypassed and aftermarket speakers installed for best sound. If not, $50 Pioneer speakers from Walmart will sound alright with an aftermarket head unit.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

EDIT: 440swinger... like Darts? My brother is a Mopar fan... has had 6 or so 69 Chargers (as well as other years, but he likes 69s the best)

Reason I found that is, your pics worked a second ago, but now your pics are gone from the gallery :(

Last edited:
make sure its not the filler grommet first. i thought mine was the fuel pump but my car falls on its face with half a tank of gas with the throttle wide open. full tank it runs fine. i have had mine about 2 months and have never had a car that is so fun.

Yeah I am a mopar guy. I have a 72 Dodge Dart for a project after school and whatnot, this is to get me around, haha, sorta : ). I got the car for 4100, not bad right? Yeah my host said I xceeded bandwidth for the month or something. Yeah it did have an amp in it, but the dude took it out when I bought it and I'm not worried about replacing it just yet, haha.

Back