• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to stick a sub

Blast47

Veteran CEG'er
I have a 12" sub single enclosure in my trunk. I've been noticing while I drive... sometimes the sub box slides around in the trunk. Not too much, but enough to be a concern.

What kind of things have you guys done to make the sub box sit still where I put it? - Hopefully without anything that will ruin the car :blackeye:

Get some L brackets. They will attach from the sides of your sub box to the floor of the trunk.

i dont think he wanted to drill holes, i used some velcro, it just peels off and its stong enough to hold it.

I have 2 12s in a double ported box, and I could actually fit a pillow in there enough to not notice, but it didn't move it around.

+1 for Velcro.

Use the industrial strength stuff - I've found that it really does stick better.

If your enclosure is carpeted at all, you'll need to screw the Velcro strips down to the outside of the enclosure, since the adhesive won't stick.

Yes definitely Velcro. It provides the necessary friction force to keep it from sliding. Don't waste your time with L brackets! Drilling = bad.

i made a false floor, and screwed the box down to it, and then put he subs back in the box, not only doesnt it move, but people can't steal it very easy!

635463_82_full.jpg

635463_83_full.jpg

FTW!!

Back