• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

We need to set up a meet...

I'm in San Diego and would like to do a meet. Its hard for me to know too far in advance but I'm willing to drive up to LA (probably south side). Hopefully we can get something sorted. It would be neat to get a whole bunch of Tours together somewhere and go for a cruise.

Hey 98SVTC sorry about that, I didn't even realize that you had a ton of good info on a cruise in your post. Didn't mean to get snippy, but please any requests for wanted items belong in a new thread. I thought of a good place to meet, It's on rte 66 on foothill in claremont. It used to be called the griswold inn and they had the greatest smorgasbord breakfast. We could then ride 66 to the ocean, or really the 1 to the ocean in santa monica, since 66 doesn't actually hit the beach. It would be a long drive. Mapquest doesn't have the route Im looking for but I guesstimate about 2 and a half hours. We could make a much shorter drive maybe towards San Bernadino.

Last edited:
ok, well id be willing to do a meet like that. im in san diego so i guess if we were to meet in LA i could start a caravan or something

Hey SVT98 sorry about that, I didn't even realize that you had a ton of good info on a cruise in your post. Didn't mean to get snippy, but please any requests for wanted items belong in a new thread. I thought of a good place to meet, It's on rte 66 on foothill in claremont. It used to be called the griswold inn and they had the greatest smorgasbord breakfast. We could then ride 66 to the ocean, or really the 1 to the ocean in santa monica, since 66 doesn't actually hit the beach. It would be a long drive. Mapquest doesn't have the route Im looking for but I guesstimate about 2 and a half hours. We could make a much shorter drive maybe towards San Bernadino.
:confused: I didn't notice a post by SVT98 and I'd be the last one to hijack a thread as it bothers me to no end! :laugh: Yeah, lots of info on the web. R66 might have been born in Seligman but they did manage to extend it west into California. You know, once you get to San Bernardino, you are only a few miles from the entrance to the two roads to the Big Bear/Crestline/Rim of the World area (front way/back way) and that can be a pretty ride as well and the traffic is probably not too bad since there's no more snow.
Karl

thats the 30 I believe. Its a great drive in a svt. My gf's gparents live up in big bear and I made that drive a few times now. It can be challenging though and its a 3 hour round trip at the fastest.

I guess this cruise didn't get folded into that BBQ last weekend then?
Karl

Nope sorry I haven't been updating here, I've been working on moving, kinda a sudden thing, but it sounds like there's some interest. Ya'll let me know when a good weekend is and I'll start asking the gparents when a good time is. Would you rather make the trip all the way up?? There's usually a big car show up there in July. Give me some more thoughts

if i am feeling saucy id show if more then 2 people come out to play :)
turbo should be done by july <wink wink> :D

Excellent, everyone who can come is invited. I'm sick o all those Newenglander's being all close and having meets every weekend. I'll figure out when the car show is since I want to go up the mountain for it anyways and I'll post later this week, or next. I'm not sure when I'll be online next since I'm not sure when my net access will be hooked up in my new home.

Well I've been watching this and waiting to see when it is because my weekends tend to be pretty busy but I'd really like to come. I think there's plenty of enthusiasm for a meet, we just got to get it together. 330 cruise would be fun.

Ok so I'm sorry I've been slacking guys. I have been busy moving and transferring to another store. I felt we needed to bump this thread. Can someone help me arrange this. I will be busy here and there for the next week or so, then hopefully stuff will level off.

I'm not really in a position to help out too much, but I created this route on Google maps. It will take more like 2.5 - 3 hours I'd say. Linky
Is this the route you were thinking?

looks like a good run, but the meeting spot is about an hour or so away from where im at. id be down to do the run if we get some sort of caravan goin down here for the meet.

Back