• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

F-1 Racing

I make sure I cook the burgers a little bit under well done, which keeps the meat flavor in, combined with the 80/20 combination... you've got enough fat to keep the meat tasty and moist.

I'd like to think I'm just that good with the grill...

Ahh yes, the 80/20 makes sense.
They were quite juicy and delicious, so I had to whip out my best SLJ impression
Samburgar.JPG

I was tempted to have two or three more, but I didn't want to look like this guy:

FatBurger.jpg

your right the 80/20 or 85/15 is a good way to go. made some burgers once with some 90/10 ground beef and it was way to dry ...

pics!
(one of them is blurry, sorry)

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/klafortune/F1 Boston/

oh and since we snapped that pic of Echo, I figured I'd toss in a pic of our big boy at the race track ;)

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i290/klafortune/Kitties/P7023949.jpg

and for those of you that weren't there and can't see the race results pic clearly, here's how it went:

Starting line:
1. Brapple
2. bishop375
3. Brapple's Jess
4. Elky's Jess
5. frenchblueC2
6. Respect's lady
7. RespecttheContour
8. Cobra
9. ElKy
10. The_Robinator

Finish line:
1. RespecttheContour
2. Respect's lady
3. Cobra
4. Brapple
5. ElKy
6. bishop375
7. Elky's Jess
8. The_Robinator
9. frenchblueC2
10. Brapple's Jess

Yeah I went at my own pace. I like to have the track to myself, so I usually let people fly ahead of me, and then I have my own fun.
I got lapped quite a few times. :D

Yeah I went at my own pace. I like to have the track to myself, so I usually let people fly ahead of me, and then I have my own fun.
I got lapped quite a few times. :D

Escuses, excuses. ;) A certain someone caused me to crash, and get passed by everyone....and later in the race, I spun my car out...and I still managed to move up two places from where I started. ;)

I didn't get passed at all. In fact, a certain 2nd place person kept going on a red flag when I was right behind her just waiting for the blue flag to get shown to her!!!

I didn't get passed at all. In fact, a certain 2nd place person kept going on a red flag when I was right behind her just waiting for the blue flag to get shown to her!!!

cobra cobra cobra, please note your race results...you were lapped by both meg and I, thats why she didnt get a blue flag if you were trying to pass her, she was a lap ahead! :)

*please see laps completed...:) you were a good 30+ seconds behind her :)

Attachments

• DSC00784 (Medium)2.JPG
    DSC00784 (Medium)2.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
No biggie, I had fun non-the-less, but I know I didn't get passed, but I think I f-ed up on the red light, because I stopped dead which I thought was the rule, but whoever was in front of me continued on until I could not see them anymore and probably got a lap ahead without passing somehow. But now I know why the blue flag wasn't coming out, although I wonder how the flag guys would know that in the supr of the moment. If you're a lap down you should be given a chance to catch up. Maybe it wasn't her because everyone except you looked the same!! haha I suck....

haha, i was just messin' around with ya mike we both had a great time and definately want to do it again...and hopefully at the next meeting ill have my car back in shape with my new euro svt's on there

Back