• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NY troopers at it again....

So you posted a new thread linking to another thread? :shrug:

Cry me a river - your speeding, get caught and complain about it? It's like me getting a speeding ticket in Wisc. - only they make you pay on the spot. I'm suprised you guys havn't figured it out - if you have out of state plates - do not excede 5 over the limit.

...getting a speeding ticket in Wisc. - only they make you pay on the spot...

I got popped for 74 in a 65, if memory serves, about 10 miles east of the Minnesota line -- near LaCrosse, WI, back when I had my green Taurus SHO. Cop had been sitting on an overpass with a stopwatch, marking me between two painted lines on the highway -- very inaccurate, but that didn't seem to faze him. I was a college student at the time, and funds were limited (hell, they're limited now :cool: ), so I had to split the amount between a credit card and a debit card, which he ran on the spot. My options were explained to me thus: "Well, you can pay it now, or you can go to jail." I'd always wondered if it was some kind of racket.

Cry me a river - your speeding, get caught and complain about it? It's like me getting a speeding ticket in Wisc. - only they make you pay on the spot. I'm suprised you guys havn't figured it out - if you have out of state plates - do not excede 5 over the limit.

Hey troll, maybe if you read in this region more often, you'd realize why Tony posted the link in here.
Go take your lecture to the guy that actually was speeding in that linked thread. :nonono:

GTFO. For the New Englanders that know about what happened to me and Elky last year, they might not have seen that thread, so I posted it. What's the problem? For your info, Elky and I were not speeding and I'm sticking to that. If you read my post in the original thread, you would see that.

I don't know if Crazy Russian was truely speeding or not, but it just pisses me off how NY targets out of state cars to make some extra cash. I looked it up online last year when it happened and found complaints made towards NY about the same thing.

Hey troll, maybe if you read in this region more often, you'd realize why Tony posted the link in here.
Go take your lecture to the guy that actually was speeding in that linked thread. :nonono:

I've typed a response multiple times - just cannot come up with a proper response. I do read this region, as well as others - I did read the other post - and I can only assume they did as well because of the title of the post - it happened before, they knew about it, but did it anywase...
countdown.gif

I got popped for 74 in a 65, if memory serves, about 10 miles east of the Minnesota line -- near LaCrosse, WI, back when I had my green Taurus SHO. Cop had been sitting on an overpass with a stopwatch, marking me between two painted lines on the highway -- very inaccurate, but that didn't seem to faze him. I was a college student at the time, and funds were limited (hell, they're limited now :cool: ), so I had to split the amount between a credit card and a debit card, which he ran on the spot. My options were explained to me thus: "Well, you can pay it now, or you can go to jail." I'd always wondered if it was some kind of racket.

I happened to be in a gas station where an office dragged a guy into a gas station so he could use the atm in handcuffs. I really dont speed in Wisc anymore after that..

Wow, I'm amazed WI allows that. Great scheme for scammers... Buy a P71 or PI, reinstall strobe lights, pull people over and they'll willingly let you scan their credit cards!

Back