• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'95 contour 2.0l, wire insulation optional

johnoh

New CEG'er
The cars has 114k all in Texas since '95 and the insulation(s) are a joke, and I am always getting strange symptoms that often go away (surging, idle high/low, low speed fan won't work, high speed fan won't work, various codes.

The latest problem is the radiator fan does not work at all. I have read through a ton of good threads on it and just got done ripping off a lot of black plastic wires routing tubes to find ever more bare wires, re-wrapped them, and for the moment the fan is working again and the car is driving perfectly, so I am now eager to sell it while its running so well. Its got ice cold A/C and is perfect inside and out so someone should want it.

But it will be easier to sell if I could get the dang CEL off. The code is 337, the EGR and DPFE are fairly new, and I am guessing that the code is being caused by bad wires, but cannot see any that need repair. Any thoughts on that? Thanks

have abs, if not the harness is only like $125, just replace it ....

The closest dealership is Troy Aikman Ford and they just told me $2800 total for the job. That may be high, but $125 does not seem possible either. There has to be a ton of labor.

Last edited:
Back