• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blue brake caliper paint?

rollinstylee

Hard-core CEG'er
Does anyone know of a store that carries BLUE brake caliper paint, the kind that you brush on (not aerosol spray)? I'm thinking along the lines of the Duplicolor brake caliper kit that Advance auto and probably other places have, but they only carry it in red--it is supposedly made in blue but I can't find a place that has it, and I'd rather not order online. What are my alternatives? Sorry if this has been discussed, couldn't find anything on the topic.

... I wonder how blue calipers would look with a Silver CSVT. I bet it looks sharp.

That's what I'm thinking...nice Ford blue would look pretty good against silver frost. Red looks good but it's fairly common.

Thanks for the suggestions...the more options I get the more likely I'll be to actually do this eventually.

That's what I'm thinking...nice Ford blue would look pretty good against silver frost. Red looks good but it's fairly common.

Thanks for the suggestions...the more options I get the more likely I'll be to actually do this eventually.

Well, whichever one of us does it first will have to post up pics :cool:

The ford blue looks great. Ive seen a silver csvt with drilled rotors and blue caliper around here. I'm not quite sure if they're a member though. i'm sure someone here will post pics soon. Mine are red but i'm going to redo them in blue when the time comes

Ahhhhhh, needs more brains

your defiantly not the first one to do blue brake calipers, and if you cant find blue caliper paint at your autoplace then short bus for you.

Ahhhhhh, needs more brains

your defiantly not the first one to do blue brake calipers, and if you cant find blue caliper paint at your autoplace then short bus for you.

1) None of us claimed to be the first to want to do it...that'd be an absurd claim :shrug:

2) If you read my post closely you'll see that I asked for blue brush on paint, not spray, which I agree is easy to find in stores. Besides, how does it make me stupid if none of the stores near me have it??? :rolleyes:

I used the G2 caliper paint. It's been on for three and a half years and still looks new.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint.jsp

Rearwheel.jpg

:drool::drool::drool: That's exactly what I wanted, thanks LUCA! I guess I'll have to order online next time I have money burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks for the other links too guys.

:drool::drool::drool: That's exactly what I wanted, thanks LUCA! I guess I'll have to order online next time I have money burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks for the other links too guys.

You can come down and do mine when your done too:)

Last edited:
Blue duplicolor kit on my SVT Focus callipers, I have my current callipers painted blue as well. I'd avoid the VHT stuff, it was chipping on me after a few months. It doesn't last very long at least not in my climate

brakes-2.jpg

That looks really nice (The first pic is REALLY blue).... Blue it is!!! Now I need to get some cross drilled rotors and some new rims to accent the blue calipers. he he

Back